• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi! I have found my people!!

BloMe421

Oakley Enthusiast
North Dakota
New to the forum, LONG time lover of most things Oakley. Love, love, love what I and many consider one of the pinnacles of human achievement, The Juliet/X-Metal line. Grieving hard over a stolen pair, and even harder over a major, possibly fatal, issue with the last pair I have left. Looking to get in on and add to the collective knowledge here. SUPER happy to find out I’m not the only person that would potentially sacrifice my first born to chase the perfect shades dragon! :cool:

Welcome! Lots of great x metals for sale here... Once you’ve been here for two weeks and made about 15 posts you have access.

What was your first pair of Oakley’s?

Hi and welcome
Welcome! Lots of great x metals for sale here... Once you’ve been here for two weeks and made about 15 posts you have access.

What was your first pair of Oakley’s?
In 1992~93 I got my first pair of Mumbo’s Crystal Black frames with black iridium lenses. I have kind of a small face and my eyes are kinda close together so I eventually began to lean toward the smaller frames like Eye Jackets, E-Wires, Fives, Tens, etc.

Welcome
Fatal issues with a X-Metal?
Nearly impossible.
Yes, I’m probably letting my grief and pessimism get the best of me. I have had my Juliet’s since 2006. I have all the gear to tune them (pin press etc) and have become fairly proficient at it. I bought some lenses on the cheap and it is shaping up to be my undoing. They are minutely too thick and when I attempted to set the orbital screw it sheared off the first couple threads inside the hole. My best assessment is that I’ll need to acquire/machine slightly longer or bigger shank screws to get it to bite again.

Latest Posts

Back