• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi, I'm Neil and I'm an Oakley addict since 2004

Sharkbite2.0

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi there! I'm Neil from the Philippines, an avid Oakley fan and long time lurker. Fell in love with Oakleys the moment i tried on a pair of Valves (Blk ir) back in 2004. I'm a scuba instructor and am always at sea so I could say sunglasses are a must for me and only Oakley works!

Owned or still own the ff:

Romeo 2.0, Juliet, Flak Jacket, Whisker, Hatchet, Spike, Crosshair, Wiretap, Valve (lost at sea) Monster Dog (lost), Racing Jacket (lost in whitewater). Plus a bunch of RX frames Capacitor, Transistor, Chop Top 2.0, Hollowpoint 2.0. Never mind my family's Oakleys and all the other merchandise! I guess this qualifies me as an O-addict

My intention for finally registering is to post a thread on SAVING THE ROMEO 2.0. Despite the lack of love and parts for it I figured out some hacks out and would like to share what I learned. Posting soon as soon as I learn the forum rules!

Hi there! I'm Neil from the Philippines, an avid Oakley fan and long time lurker. Fell in love with Oakleys the moment i tried on a pair of Valves (Blk ir) back in 2004. I'm a scuba instructor and am always at sea so I could say sunglasses are a must for me and only Oakley works!

Owned or still own the ff:

Romeo 2.0, Juliet, Flak Jacket, Whisker, Hatchet, Spike, Crosshair, Wiretap, Valve (lost at sea) Monster Dog (lost), Racing Jacket (lost in whitewater). Plus a bunch of RX frames Capacitor, Transistor, Chop Top 2.0, Hollowpoint 2.0. Never mind my family's Oakleys and all the other merchandise! I guess this qualifies me as an O-addict

My intention for finally registering is to post a thread on SAVING THE ROMEO 2.0. Despite the lack of love and parts for it I figured out some hacks out and would like to share what I learned. Posting soon as soon as I learn the forum rules!
Welcome to the forum:)

I totally agree! Though they look more like wires beside other xmetals, the design is truly unique.

Worried about the lack of parts, I was about to sell mine and buy a friend's XS. But after dusting off my R2 and playing with the temple shocks and extra nose bombs from my flak jackets the fit improved and I decided to keep it. Plus, fake XS are everywhere in my country, so i passed on my friend's offer and will keep my R2.

I did some more research and found out some parts can be "Frankenstein-ed" while others have found alternatives. Can't wait to hear what other R2 owners found out as there are not much in the forum about them.

Welcome, r2 definitely seems to be an underrated frame.

I totally agree! Though they look more like wires beside other xmetals, the design is truly unique.

Worried about the lack of parts, I was about to sell mine and buy a friend's XS. But after dusting off my R2 and playing with the temple shocks and extra nose bombs from my flak jackets the fit improved and I decided to keep it. Plus, fake XS are everywhere in my country, so i passed on my friend's offer and will keep my R2.

I did some more research and found out some parts can be "Frankenstein-ed" while others have found alternatives. Can't wait to hear what other R2 owners found out as there are not much in the forum about them.
I have always wanted an r2 since my first job interview. On the flight there the guy across the row from me had a plasma with gold iridium, and I was in awe. Romeo 1 is rediculously priced so I'm not even going to bother. But I purchased an r2 and xs and can't wait to get them. I'll have more to say when I get mine but it's cool to see someone talking about them.

Great! Hope to hear positive news about your r2's! I found using the flak jacket nosebombs improved the slightly downward angled fit and prevented the lens from touching my cheeks. That seems to be one of the biggest issues with R2, where the angle makes it feel like they're almost falling off your face.

When i got mine brand new back in 2009, the fit wasn't secure. Since i was around water a lot back then, i immediately purchased a juliet which hugged my head much more. My R2 sat on display since then, haven't worn them more than 30 times i think.

I only dusted them off when a friend offered a good XS deal and figured to sell the R2. But after playing with them and tweaking, i had a new found appreciation for them!

It's interesting though that my pair developed spiderwed cracks near the lens screw, without being used much. I think the rubber bushing inside deteriorated and there was pressure on the lens.

I have always wanted an r2 since my first job interview. On the flight there the guy across the row from me had a plasma with gold iridium, and I was in awe. Romeo 1 is rediculously priced so I'm not even going to bother. But I purchased an r2 and xs and can't wait to get them. I'll have more to say when I get mine but it's cool to see someone talking about them.

Latest Posts

Back