• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi! New here and looking for a rare pair of XX's

JimmyS1985

Oakley Beginner
Hi! New member here thought I'd tell you my background with Oakley's.

;TLDR I'm going to be looking for a member who wants to sell some Electric Blue XX's

Well growing up, particularly in Boy Scouts, the ultimate "status symbol" was having a pair of real Oakley's, which none of us could afford. We had Foakleys, Orkleys, and other knock off, often from 3rd world and Latin American countrys.

Well as I became a teenager, with a driver's license, I'd visit malls. And I went to the Oakley's kiosk, and would ooo, and aah, at the beautiful Oakley's, and I knew I had to have one.

It was a $130 pair of Electric Blue Oakley's Minutes. I was making about $6.40 an hour at a grocery store, so I worked over 20 hours, to finally come up with the money.

I thought they were the greatest clothing accessory I had ever bought. Fast forward 4 years later, and I found out all that time I had worn them, the Minutes were slightly too small for my head. One of the parts of the sunglasses, through repeated use and misfitment, fatigued, and cracked and broke off.

I bought some nearly identical, but slightly larger Electric Blue XX's, but I haven't seen them in years. I'd really like to have a pair again. They might be in some obscure corner of our house in Missouri, but I just don't want to go scouring the household looking for them.

I joined this forum so maybe, when I get sufficient privileges, the fine members of this community, can help me find, and purchase, a beautiful pair of Electric Blue Oakley XX's. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hi! New member here thought I'd tell you my background with Oakley's.

;TLDR I'm going to be looking for a member who wants to sell some Electric Blue

Well growing up, particularly in Boy Scouts, the ultimate "status symbol" was having a pair of real Oakley's, which none of us could afford. We had Foakleys, Orkleys, and other knock off, often from 3rd world and Latin American countrys.

Well as I became a teenager, with a driver's license, I'd visit malls. And I went to the Oakley's kiosk, and would ooo, and aah, at the beautiful Oakley's, and I knew I had to have won.

It was a $130 pair of Electric Blue Oakley's Minutes. I was making about $6.40 an hour at a grocery store, so I worked over 20 hours, to finally come up with the money.

I thought they were the greatest clothing accessory I had ever bought. Fast forward 4 years later, and I found out all that time I had worn them, the Minutes were slightly too small for my head. One of the parts of the sunglasses, through repeated use and misfitment, fatigued, and cracks and broke off.

I bought some nearly identical, but slightly larger Electric Blue XX's, but I haven't seen them in years. I'd really like to have a pair again. They might be in some obscure corner of our house in Missouri, but I just don't want to go scouring the household looking for them.

I join need this forum so maybe, when I get sufficient privileges, the fine members of this community, can help me find, and purchase, a beautiful pair of Electric Blue Oakley XX's. Thanks for your help.
Welcome to the forum

When you have access to the exchange you can post your WTB and I'm betting even though it may take a little time you'll find that special pair of sunglasses you are longing for

Welcome to the forum

When you have access to the exchange you can post your WTB and I'm betting even though it may take a little time you'll find that special pair of sunglasses you are longing for

Boy that was a fast reply. Must be an active forum for someone like me who is brand new to it

Welcome Jimbo, the XX was an excellent frame from Oakleys glory days. The electric blue colorway you speak of is one of the most desirable amongst collectors, making it somewhat difficult to obtain. It's not impossible though. I picked up a mint pair in 2016. Good luck in your search

Welcome Jimmy
Just a word of advice here. Pace yourself...
You can get pretty much whatever Oakley ever produced in this forum. Some rare items might have a bit of a longer wait but eventually... you'll get your grail.
When it comes to prices/value of an item; on here the free capitalism will be the nature of the game. During my time here though I've learnt that most of the members are honorable, they will price differently on here that you'd normally see on (fl)ebay.

After dicovering OF I've been able to secure my grail from many years back only to find that my taste had shifted and I've discovered new favourites, while leaving old favourites behind.

One thing is certain though... finding your way here will eventually lead to an expensive addiction

Welcome Jimmy
Just a word of advice here. Pace yourself...
You can get pretty much whatever Oakley ever produced in this forum. Some rare items might have a bit of a longer wait but eventually... you'll get your grail.
When it comes to prices/value of an item; on here the free capitalism will be the nature of the game. During my time here though I've learnt that most of the members are honorable, they will price differently on here that you'd normally see on (fl)ebay.

After dicovering OF I've been able to secure my grail from many years back only to find that my taste had shifted and I've discovered new favourites, while leaving old favourites behind.

One thing is certain though... finding your way here will eventually lead to an expensive addiction
I'm not going to be a collector, well hopefully not. I use to collect Jordan shoes for a while, but I kinda quit going out in public, so I quit wearing them. These have more utility though than jordans, plus they look nice.

At the moment I'm looking into gaining employment and asking a woman who helps adults with disabilities find work.

Really, I'm looking to buy a new daily driver, I drive a 22 almost 23 year old Miata that needs several $thousand in body work and paint to look like it's in good shape, and maybe a new toy. Actually the hobby I'd like to get back into, upon finding work, is someday owning an FD RX7 with an LS3 or better swapped into it for an engine. Something about those cars...

Anyways.

I have owned an almost identical Electric Blue pair of minutes that took 20 hours of very low paid, hard physical labor, to purchase, and a used pair of Electric Blue XX's.

I put in an offer, if he doesn't like it, I might up it later.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back