• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi Oakley Folks!

Mike Packard

Oakley Beginner
I've been a member for a while, but I don't think I've introduced myself here yet. I live in Utah and do all kinds of outdoor sports. I worked in outdoor retail for years where I sold Oakley and a bunch of other brands of eyewear. I always thought "Yeah, Oakley is nice, but SO expensive". Then I started working for Oakley at the Traverse Mountain Vault store a couple of years ago. Of course I had to buy a pair then. My first pair of Oakleys were Straight Jackets, black frames with G30 iridium lenses. Then I got it. Yeah, they are expensive, but totally worth it! The optical quality, the design, the comfort and the pure performance of Oakley eyewear totally won me over.
I've bought and sold, traded and given away quite a few pair since then. I'm trimming down my possessions in general and I own about a dozen pair now. My favorites for everyday wear and sports are Radarlocks and Flak Jackets. The G30 iridium is still my favorite lense. I've also got some sweet vintage Oakleys: 3 pair of Juliets, a pair of Romeo 2 and the Michael Jordan OO E wire.

I guess that was a pretty long intro. Anyway, I just want to say hi and I appreciate all the great info and ideas here on the Oakley Forum!

Oh, I'm also in the market for a couple of custom cut lenses. G30 iridium for Juliets and something for my Romeo 2.

Back