• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi Oakley Peeps

I am usually not a brand kinda person (because I worked in marketing and tend to stay away from the hype since most of it is cultivated for nefarious purposes), but I have to admit I have a bit of a thing for old Volvo and now what has become old Oakley. Ever since Luxottica took control of the builds I have been falling out of love in the same way I fell out of love with Ford built Volvos, so finding this forum is great. A lot of people out there with original X-metals like myself, swapping parts and enjoying what I consider "Real Oaks" .. I mean don't get me wrong I have my fair share of recent builds .. but it just ain't the same : ). I hope to acquire some oldies but goldies on this forum, clean up my own oldies with the spare parts flying around here and show off our collection once I build that glasses shelf in our front entrance that i've been thinking about building for the past 2 years. All total, my wife and I have collected 13 pairs over the past 15 years. Lost a few along the way (the worst loss was Ducati XS on a ski slope I never recovered), had a few pairs stolen as well. Here is to waxing nostalgic about the glory days : )

Last edited:
I am usually not a brand kinda person (because I worked in marketing and tend to stay away from the hype since most of it is cultivated for nefarious purposes), but I have to admit I have a bit of thing for old Volvo and now what has become old Oakley. Ever since Luxottica took control of the builds I have been falling out of love in the same way I fell out of love with Ford built Volvos, so finding this forum is great. A lot of people out there with original X-metals like myself, swapping parts and enjoying what I consider "Real Oaks" .. I mean don't get me wrong I have my fair share of recent builds .. but it just ain't the same : ). I hope to acquire some oldies but goldies on this forum, clean up my own oldies with the spare parts flying around here and show off our collection once I build that glasses shelf in our front entrance that i've been thinking about building for the past 2 years. All total, my wife and I have collected 13 pairs over the past 15 years. Lost a few along the way (the worst loss was Ducati XS on a ski slope I never recovered), had a few pairs stolen as well. Here is to waxing nostalgic about the glory days : )

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you won't have any issues fitting in here!

I am usually not a brand kinda person (because I worked in marketing and tend to stay away from the hype since most of it is cultivated for nefarious purposes), but I have to admit I have a bit of thing for old Volvo and now what has become old Oakley. Ever since Luxottica took control of the builds I have been falling out of love in the same way I fell out of love with Ford built Volvos, so finding this forum is great. A lot of people out there with original X-metals like myself, swapping parts and enjoying what I consider "Real Oaks" .. I mean don't get me wrong I have my fair share of recent builds .. but it just ain't the same : ). I hope to acquire some oldies but goldies on this forum, clean up my own oldies with the spare parts flying around here and show off our collection once I build that glasses shelf in our front entrance that i've been thinking about building for the past 2 years. All total, my wife and I have collected 13 pairs over the past 15 years. Lost a few along the way (the worst loss was Ducati XS on a ski slope I never recovered), had a few pairs stolen as well. Here is to waxing nostalgic about the glory days : )
Welcome.

Back