• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi!

Droid

Oakley Beginner
Hello there! So firstly, I'm. 34yr old guy from Victoria Australia... My first foray into the world of Oakley happened when I was about 15. I was on a family holiday in Queensland and was in need of a hat while we toured the theme parks. While browsing the surf shops I spotted a plain black Oakley cap and thought yeah that'll do the job! I loved that hat and wore it exclusively for years until my good meaning grandmother decided it need a good scrub, apparently the stitching can't withstand the harsh bristles of your general scrubbing brush. I was devastated. I didn't break into the Oakley sunglasses obsession until I was 18, I had decided that I needed a good pair of glasses and bought my very first pair. A set of plain black w/ black iridium eye jackets. Loved them. They ended up at the bottom of the Murray river on an alcohol infused weekend. Immediately replaced by a pair of FMJ eye jackets 'borrowed' from my younger brother. I have no idea where they went and I only wish I knew what I had back then as I would still have both pairs in my treasured collection. It took about 5 years for me to finally purchase another pair after wearing the cheap servo sunnies for a while. I was in Melbourne with my GF when the arm snapped on my cheap pair and I decided after browsing the local sunglasses hut that I'd get a good pair again. That pair was a black /black iridium half jacket. After a stack of use I upgraded the lenses to fire iridium and then eventually to XL ice iridium. These still see near daily duty on my wife's face as her running/cycling glasses. My next pair were a set of Bruce irons signature hijinx, that's when the bug really started to bite. Shortly after I grabbed a set of black w/ grey oil drums. The drums are still with me but severely scratched and beaten up after being used as my daily driving pair. The hijinx are at the bottom of my local fishing cove after going overboard. Me + water + oakleys is a bad combo!! (I've got a pair of fuglies now as they float!) The next pair up was a pair of livestrong edition fuelcells, I'm personally affected by cancer having lost my mother and supporting an ex partner that battled breast cancer so they have sentimental value to me and wearing them is my way of showing support. A chance browse and a fist full of gift vouchers saw me pick up a pair of plain black w/ grey fuelies that have served as my on duty (law enforcement) pair for a couple of years now. I have only just started getting adventurous with my selections and grabbed a pair of black w/ violet crankcase after seeing them on the oakley website. I quickly added their big brother, the black w/ violet batwolfs. I have used both fuelies and the crankcase while on the bike and running but decided to dip my foot into the custom program for a sports dedicated pair last month. Matte heather grey radarlocks with team red icons, w/ black highlights and positive red path lens, clear vented as a swap over and an ice iridium pitch lens is on order to mix it up depending on my mood. That's when I found this forum and it ignited my want for a pair of x-metals. I remember looking at the Romeos and Juliets on the oakley site years ago and am regretting never pulling the trigger on a pair back then! I managed to find a pair of Juliets on evilbay and grabbed them for a very cheap price, plasma w/ polarised ice. The nose piece gasket is all but missing so they are quite loose but in otherwise good condition. A touch too small for my face though and I'm looking for some x-squared as they would sit a lot better. The latest pick up was a ridiculously cheap pair of transformer edition gascans, I swapped in a set of sublime optics ruby lenses. Not up to oakleys lofty standards but they did well over the last couple of days to cut the glare down. I also have a few "foakleys" I picked up overseas, for less that $5 a pair they are great for trying different styles to see if they suit, I never thought I'd pull off a pair of holbrooks but they actually look ok! The next purchase will most likely be a genuine pair of them or jupiters depending on which looks better. Oh and I managed to score a brand new w/ tags 1242 embroiled hat, just like my original one. Add in a laptop bag and a flak pack backpack and I'm quite happy with my little collection. Cheers! Photos soon, when I work out how to get them up!

6egeva5u.jpg

Attachments

• 6egeva5u.jpg
    6egeva5u.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 201
Livestrong fuelcells

6y7a2yna.jpg

All black fuelcells
9e7ydena.jpg

Crankcase
jarevy6y.jpg

Batwolf