• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi!

Zax

Chicago
Hello. I just found out this site existed. I've been on the Oakley Review site for ages, but never found an actual place to discuss. I'm sort of a new Oakley collector; just started last year mid summer. Last year, I collected mainly Wireframe glasses, including the Nanowire's, Why's, Whiskers, etc. Now, I've turned my focus onto limited edition pieces. Just recently snagged some Tron Gascan's, which I am extremely psyched about. I've also just started a youtube channel with unboxing's. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and I'm pretty psyched to join this forum.

Edit: Felt like I should go into some more depth, so here it goes!

Way way back in summer of 2010 (so long ago), I decided to step my sunglass needs up and actually get a decent pair. My first official high end piece was a Maui Jim sport piece. It wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad. I then moved onto Ray Ban's and got a very nice Nanowire 4.0 looking pair. Eventually, I decided I needed something better for running/biking. Jokingly, I googled Asian Fit Sunglasses, where I found out that Oakley's had these strange sunglasses. I was dumbfounded and excited at the same time!
I put my Ray Ban's down and ran over to the closest place that had Oakley's. That was Dicks sporting good...Now I thought that Asian fit glasses were common or at least known, but apparently I was completely off. I asked Dicks, SGH, and a local RX Shop. Non of them knew what I was talking about and thought I was crazy. So, I did the next logical thing and looked up the nearest O Stores. Unfortunately, there are two and I am smack dab in the middle of them both (both are about 20-30 minutes away). Not the worst drive, but racks up miles when you go there as often as I did.
I asked them for the Asian Fit Pair at the local O Vault. They actually knew what I was talking about! I dumbfounded. I set down my Ray Ban's and started looking at the Half Jacket's and the Flak. I decided on the Half Jacket's because they were cheaper...but while I was walking up to the counter, I saw a big case with the words, SALE. With my Asian instincts, I immediately bolted to the case. I looked through them and saw these gigantic frames (and this was when the Gascan's were in the display). I was wondering who would wear such things. Then I noticed a smaller, Maui Jim looking pair on the top. Lo and behold, the Nanowire 2.0. It was quite a pricey pair a year ago, still hovering over $200, and I just had to have them. They fit amazingly well and the contrast was superb. I popped the Ray Ban's into their case and threw them in the Oakley bag and was on my way!

The second pair I bought was the Asian Half Jacket's. I never stuck with them though. That year, I went through about 5 different shades. One Half Jacket, 2 Fives (one was Asian), Juliet's, Gascan, and the Square Whiskers. I only kept the Square Whiskers. I thought the O Matter frames were bulky and obnoxious, and went through a whole Fire Iridium phase. Anyways, I stopped when I started school, and started again this summer (2011). Got a bunch of regular standard colorways including the Monster Pup, Canteen, Unknowns, etc. I don't have most of them anymore as I have turned my attention to signature, limited, and artist series only. I actually liked my Canteens, but I lost them on vacation :(. Very sad day...

That's a long and extremely detailed and possibly boring version of my Oakley story.

hallo and welcome to the board!
sounds like you got a nice little collection. can't wait to see any pics.
congrats on that Tron Gascan . . . good movie and an awesome 3d pair.

Thanks! Yeah, it's nice finally finding a forum just about Oakley's. I think my gf will be relieved that she doesn't need to hear all about them anymore.

Back