• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hidden Fees by Chilirambo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
A question I want to clarify in case I don't understand the process.

I bough a pair of madman from Chilirambo. They arrived perfect by the way. They have been getting a lot of my money lately with the badman's too. I highly recommend the site, I think they are a forum sponsor as well.

But on the recent purchase $139.95 I paid with paypal. Now paypal is charging an added fee of 2.79? It states "Frgn Trans Fee-paypal *globalecomm" which is Chilirambo.

I know it is only a few bucks, but what is this fee? I never was charged anything when I bought the two pair of badmans. Is it because I bought the madmans from their site and the badmans via ebay?

When I went to check out, it never mentioned anything about another fee in the total.

So is this an error? Is it chilirambo or paypal I should send an e-mail too.

TIA

Mark

What country are you in? If appears to be either a currency conversion fee or fee for doing a transaction in a foreign country. Guessing it is because you bought from their site instead of eBay.

Might sound Petty, however if the money, even though a little bit, goes to chilirambo, I'm okay with it. But if it goes to PayPal I'm not.

I called Pay Pal and they can see no such charge. They said that they did not charge me anything but it is on my credit card statement. Sounds like a PayPal glitch. By the way love my Madmans. Didn't think I would but they're pretty cool.

This needs to be investigated further. For you see, a few dollars from you and a few dollars from 1000´s of others = a fortune. I remember awhile back some scammer(s) stole a few $ from numerous bank accounts. Folks rarely make a fuss about small amounts. so if you can steal small amounts from many people it´s often better than stealing one large sum from one person.

I can't remember if it was a bank employee or what it was. but cyber criminals these days are smart. hope you can find out who charged you that amount.

he has several distribution sites some in FL and some in UK
If it shipped from over seas then Gaypal hit you up fro the currency exchange crap

That's odd-definitely email both Chilirambo AND PayPal- because PayPal assessed the fee, not Chili. It's not hidden by the merchant- they aren't making money off this -it's PayPal's fee (like a bank fee on a POS transaction doesn't go to the merchant/retailer, it goes to the bank) which you incurred on presumably a qualifying transaction by your approval of a schedule of fees etc etc when you signed up with PayPal.

But both need to chime in because presumably something Chilirambo is doing is causing PayPal to assess their fee unless it's an outright error by PP

No friends at all......... soo happy to at least have you guys here. you are welcome any time to come over and watch some movies with me in the basement........just don't make too much noise or mom will stomp her feet to get us to be quiet :oops:

Mystery solved. It wasn't chilirambo or paypal. It is a fee us bank charges because chilirambo bills out of the country.

Now we know. Not sure how one finds these things out until after it is done. Never showed up anywhere during check out.

Anyway love the glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back