• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hijacking Sale/Trade Threads

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Ok i'm posting this as I see all these unnecessary comments the Exchange Forum of people making comments of certain glassses that 'they wished I could wear these" or "they look to big/small on me" and "I saw those one time whished I had the money to buy them" type stuff leave those comments out of the sale forum posts and put in the Sunglasses Discussion Forum. Just my two cents, but if you don't have anything to offer towards completing a sale or deal don't post some comment it as I hate when I go to look through them in something that interest's me and most of the commen'ts have nothing to do with making a trade.

Some people reacted to this post.
you are right, if the thread goes off topic otherwise i would say, thank you for the free bump?!?!

you can't reglemented everything . . .

Didn't you do exactly what you are complaining about in a sale thread? You had nothing to contribute other than expressing your own distaste for what others had posted in the sale thread.

I agree brewc. I believe Oakley Boss has said if the post doesn't advance the sale/trade of the item then don't post, and saying "Oh, I have these" or "they'd look great with different lenses" doesn't advance the sale. I also don't think it helps the seller when he has a thread with loads of responses that are not about the sale at all. I don't want a free bump if it all it does is provide a comment that doesn't advance the sale.

Exchange Area rules:

4)Stay on topic - Please try to stay on topic in the exchange area, people post here to buy/sell/trade items. Discussion about the product in hand pertaining to buying/selling or trading it is great, but try to keep it on topic.

"Please try to stay on topic in the exchange area"
I think the word "try" allows for extra comments.

I'm a member on another forum for another product where the board moderators are so stringent that an off topic comment in the sale section results in a warning, two posts in a certain period and you're banned. then again on THAT forum if you do any number of 50 things (including speak ill in any way shape or form about anything related to the product) you get banned so that doesn't surprising. While I undertand the reasoning behind off topic, I have no issue with 90% of the off topic comments and its not like we have so many products for sale in these sections that people making the comments results in an unfair advantage to some posts as a result of the free bumps. Also there's a ton of wiggle room in that rule "may" and "discussion about the product in hand pertaining to buying/selling or trading"...that can mean just about anything from comments on the asking price to the rarity of the item etc. Personally, being a member of more regimented forums, I appreciate the fact there is a little more freedom here---once we start going down the path of more heavy moderation, its a slippery slope.

Yea. It was my thread. I don't care about the post. Free bump. I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't get way OT

agree bro :) nice, someone finally speak up :D :D

should the moderators more regulate the thread?!?