• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

History Of Juliet Lenses

oh yeah, the OO Red polar custom cuts too...;)

VR - I've heard all those variations and more, including the "R" standing for "Rust"

Whatever, it's a brownish-looking base tint that, instead of giving everything a uniform wash like most contrast tints, really acts more as a color enhancer, a true "contrast" lens. VR28 BIP is arguably the best, most versatile single lens.

oh yeah, the OO Red polar custom cuts too...;)

VR - I've heard all those variations and more, including the "R" standing for "Rust"

Whatever, it's a brownish-looking base tint that, instead of giving everything a uniform wash like most contrast tints, really acts more as a color enhancer, a true "contrast" lens. VR28 BIP is arguably the best, most versatile single lens.
There's a lot of love for VR28 BIP and rightly so.
Sadly, I've only got 2 examples of it on X-Metals (Juliet & XS) :(.

The only frame i have with that is a bottle rocket. I was thinking of getting the desert sage fuel cell but opted for the black instead. Maybe i will put VR in it later if i can.

I've only got VR28 BIP in one set, a so-called "CO2" Juliet. But I have like three backup sets of replacements.

And I've got VR28 BI in a pair of waterjackets, along with those VR50s in a 1st gen Ti Juliet.