• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hit A Bit Of A Snag When Changing Lenses On My Penny

whitey

Oakley Expert
Hey guys. Ive been browsing these forums for a while now (actually, ive just been gawking at some of the collections) but i ran into a problem recently. I bought a pair of pennys a while back and was going to change out the scratched up lenses. Problem was the t6 screw was stripped so i had to drill out the head of the screw. I thought one i was done there i could take a pair of needle nose pliers and unscrew the remaining portion. Unfortunately its near impossible! I dont know if the previous owner put locktite of something but the stupid thing is completely stuck! Any suggestions on how i might get this loosened? Ive tried wd40- no dice. Thanks a million for your help!
cf067766-f9b0-5911.jpg

You'll probably have to drill the entire screw out and run a tap in to form new (larger) threads...

Why didn't you just use an easy-out on the stripped T6 head? :blink:

Hey, thanks a ton for the suggestions. I actually finally got it out!!! I just kept soaking the joint with wd40 and used the same forceps as before. Somehow i got it to work. Now i gotta buy some new screws... Ebay i guess or are there other places?
cf067766-15fd-61fb.jpg

Latest Posts

Back