• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hmm How Easy To Cut A Flak From A Fast Jacket?

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
So here is a clear flak sitting over a bip fast jacket. Seems a small mark with a sharpie and a feel hits with a Dremel and waaaalaaaa new flak lenses. What do you think
2yqy3y7e.jpg

honestly does not look that hard, it seems you have enough material to do it for sure. but there will be the posts saying it will affect the optics, on and on. but i think it could work. the size looks good in the pic.

honestly does not look that hard, it seems you have enough material to do it for sure. but there will be the posts saying it will affect the optics, on and on. but i think it could work. the size looks good in the pic.
If he shifts optical center maybe, but the curve looks fine.

I'd be more worried about the frame hooks. One slip and you don't have a working lens.

I'd be more worried about the frame hooks. One slip and you don't have a working lens.
+1 to that. Be very careful cutting out those things. If they're not perfect, they're not going to fit. Most of the lens cutters on the forum won't mess with half frame custom cuts, just because of the little tabs.

What kind of Fast Jacket lenses do you have that you aren't using?

Clear, xlj
Persimmon standard
Bip Xlj ya know mirrored lol (just kidding)
00 positive red Xlj (I believe)
SOLFX Transition clear/black standard
Jade standard

Last edited:
Back