• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hola from Los Angeles

saltparrot

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
La La Land
What up everyone? It's good to be here.

I've been an O addict for a long time - actually since I got my first pair of Frogskins back in 1991. I've never been what you'd call a serious collector, but definitely a devotee to the brand.

My first "big" Oakley splurge was when I dropped 300 on a pair of X-Metal Romeo's in 1999. That's what really kicked off my obsession.

Darkest moment in my O-story came about 9 years ago. My Jeep was parked in a parking garage in Burbank, CA and some asshat upon whom I wish moridity daily broke in and stole my 24k XX's. I never replaced them. It still chaps me thinking about it.

Biggest O-regret was when I was in an Atlanta airport duty free shop sunglass store and the clerk offered to sell me a Pit Boss for 250. The jetlag said no. Sigh.

Anyway, I took a long break from spending money on anything, but the urge has found me. I'm going to start actively collecting and I'm looking forward to being an active part of this forum! Looks like a truly fun and great place to be.

Hugs and kisses y'all!

What up everyone? It's good to be here.

I've been an O addict for a long time - actually since I got my first pair of Frogskins back in 1991. I've never been what you'd call a serious collector, but definitely a devotee to the brand.

My first "big" Oakley splurge was when I dropped 300 on a pair of X-Metal Romeo's in 1999. That's what really kicked off my obsession.

Darkest moment in my O-story came about 9 years ago. My Jeep was parked in a parking garage in Burbank, CA and some asshat upon whom I wish moridity daily broke in and stole my 24k XX's. I never replaced them. It still chaps me thinking about it.

Biggest O-regret was when I was in an Atlanta airport duty free shop sunglass store and the clerk offered to sell me a Pit Boss for 250. The jetlag said no. Sigh.

Anyway, I took a long break from spending money on anything, but the urge has found me. I'm going to start actively collecting and I'm looking forward to being an active part of this forum! Looks like a truly fun and great place to be.

Hugs and kisses y'all!
:welcome:

@saltparrot Welcome to the community! Please stick around and show us your stuff when you can, we likey pictures!

And you said you want to get into serious collecting, you will certainly have a home here, I learn more and more every day. As a devotee you'll fit right in right away!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Definitely looking to get into serious collecting - or rather being serious about the collecting I've already been doing. Particularly with the sunglasses.

I told my wife last night that I'd limit myself to 1 pair a month. Her response of "okay..." seemed to suggest more disapproval than permission, but hey, that's what miscommunications are for, right?

So now I just need to decide which pair to kick this shindig off with the F&F code :)

Looking forward to a long relationship with all of you. Happy to be in this together!