• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Astigmatism

dr22

Oakley Beginner
I was told by eyeglass store that I trust that my astigmatism is too high to put the proper prescription classes in Holbrooks because of the curvature of the frame and then the lens. Bummed about this because I love the Holbrook so was looking for advice from forum on what frame would be most close to the Holbrook. Thanks!

I was told by eyeglass store that I trust that my astigmatism is too high to put the proper prescription classes in Holbrooks because of the curvature of the frame and then the lens. Bummed about this because I love the Holbrook so was looking for advice from forum on what frame would be most close to the Holbrook. Thanks!
Maybe not oakley cuts, but some aftermarkets may work in that frame
Happened to my kiddo.

What is your prescription?

They said they couldn't do it with Oakley lenses?
Yea, Oakley said the most that can go in those glasses is 3.0 because of the curvature of that the lens needs to be to be put in that frame. So trying to find something as similar as possible that will work.

That’s odd.
Holbrook‘s are flat like pancakes.
Maybe get a second opinion at a other store.
I had to go to 6 opticians to get RX lenses cut for my O3 frame.

Yea, Oakley said the most that can go in those glasses is 3.0 because of the curvature of that the lens needs to be to be put in that frame. So trying to find something as similar as possible that will work.
yeah that seems wrong. Let me check the RX assortment list when i get to work. I think you can do edge lenses up to -5.00

The Holbrook has a 4-6 base depending on the model.

When they say -5.00 it’s for total power. The -3.00 astigmatic correction has historically been over the limit.

Back