• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook, Bothers Eyes

B-Nasti

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone, I recently bought a pair of smoke grey holbrooks, with black iridium lenses, but after wearing them in the car for extended periods of time, my eyes really start to hurt. I can't recall this happening with my warm grey/antix. I was wondering if this could be to the iridium coating on the lenses or perhaps just lens shape itself. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

I know this happens to people with sensitivity to polarized lenses, but never to non polarized lenses. that's a new one to me.

it might have to do with the grey smoke frame. sometimes the sun reflects off the transparent frame like (clear, grey smoke, crystal red..ect) and back into your eyes. a few people had this problem with the clear/chrome iridium combo.

dang, :/ i was thinking it could be from the light coming through the semi clear arms, and reflecting off the inside of the lenses into my eyes. But that's kinda spitballing.

So, do you think I can be fairly certain that's the problem? If so I'm going to sell them or trade for some solid framed holbrooks. Thanks guys

I get a lot of back reflection from my Holbrooks also, but they are a solid color frame. They don't wrap around the eye much - lots of side light comes in.

Back