• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HOLBROOK (Clear W/ Chrome Iridium) And SPIKE (Titanium W/ Titanium Iridium)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Consolidating two threads here as the others were going off topic.
Looking to trade a couple of pairs.

In return I am interested in big frames - Hijinx, Oil Drum 1 or 2, Eyepatch 1 or 2, Monster Dogs, Split Jackets, or surprise me with something else. PM me and let's trade!

1) HOLBROOK, Polished Clear with Chrome Iridium lens.
Mint. Boxed with papers etc. Only worn a couple of times as I was uncertain whether they suited me.

p1080780lv.jpg

p1080781g.jpg

p1080782.jpg

2) SPIKE, full Titanium, with Titanium Iridium lens.
Boxed with papers etc.
I bought these glasses from new, and they have not been worn much, again on the basis that I have never really been sure whether I suit them. They are the Titanium Spike - i.e. made of titanium, not just titanium coloured. Titanium Iridium lenses, with 'TITANIUM' etched into one lens. I swapped out the chunky gel-filled nose-pads for some standard clear soft rubber ones from other Wires. This makes them much more comfortable to wear.

The frame is in 9.5/10 condition. I say this because there are no marks or scratches on the frame at all - but the writing that has been printed on the inside of the ear-stems has worn a very small amount (see pics). It seems that titanium is difficult to adhere to.

The lenses are 9/10 condition. I say this because there is a 1mm hairline scratch on the right eye lens. (A common Spike issue due to the way the ear-stems fold in and can touch the lenses, but I am so careful with my glasses that there is only this one minor mark). Spike lenses are pretty cheap to pick up though of course. And it's not on the lens with the etching.

p1080644w.jpg

p1080640o.jpg

p1080650e.jpg

p1080651m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people reacted to this post.
Good Luck Dude!!

Thanks.
Let's see if anyone wants to trade their O-Matter (y'know, plastic) for aerospace grade titanium.
Or the best Holbrook colorway & lens.

It's the Weekend :bump: !

So come on folks - Hijinx, Oil Drum 1 or 2, Eyepatch 1 or 2, Monster Dogs, Split Jackets, or surprise me with something else. PM me and let's trade!

Sooo tempted on the holbrooks.. Think the missus would go nuts if I did that mind!

It's just trading - not spending!
Ask her to think of it as a free pass for Oakleys! :biggrin:

Wow. Currently 1682 members on the Forum. And no-one wants to give up their Hijinx.
That's an amazing statistic.
I always knew it was the best frame.

PM'ed

Pm'ed on the Holbrooks, just noticing this thread now :O

ANy bites yet there Herb Towers? wish those brook's were black!

Status
Not open for further replies.