• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Doubts

So I'm currently waiting for some pieces to arrive in order to start the project. In the meanwhile I began analyzing the clear frame brooks and I did notice that the top corner pins/rives look like really small screws, and they are gold color inside the frame (I'll try to snap a pic later on, my PoS iphone can't seem to focus right), so I'm thing 2 things here. 1. I will try some really small tweezers (the ones ladies use to trim eyebrow) but covered in some type of rubber and try to unscrew the rivets. 2. If #1 doesn't work, I was wondering if I could use some type of paint thinner to remove the top black color coat from the rivet in order to leave it fully golden. I have no idea how this will go but I'll try to update every new accomplishment, discovery, swearing, bleeding (I'm certain I'll cut myself somehow), and what ever comes out. Wish me luck...
Best of luck....

I've tried the following:
  • Boiling hot water
  • Tweezers
  • Pliers
  • Paint thinners
  • WD40
  • Vacuum cup
  • Drilling through the back and trying to push them out with a small punch
  • Cussing
  • Praying to a deity
Those puppies were not designed to come out.

I wish you were the first to delve into this and outline everything you find, but again I'll say try to keep your cool and let us see how they turn out when you finally paint them.

Back