• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook frame size question 55mm, 56mm, or 57mm

matt42van

Oakley Beginner
Hey folks...new here, thanks for having me.

I have a fairly narrow oval style face...I am trying to find a lifestyle frame that looks good. I love the holbrook and have tried on the 57mm standard frames...they feel great but look a tad too large. On Oakleys site all I see are Holbrooks that are 57mm, with the exception of the Asian/alternate fit which are 56mm(live in a rural area and the store doesnt carry any 56mm ones so I cant try them). But online I find some places that advertise a 55mm Holbrook lens (which would be perfect fit more than likely), but because I cant find them on Oakleys site I am weary of them.

Anyone know if the Holbrooks used to be 55mm and Oakley up'd the width from 55 to 57mm and the ones Im seeing are just older models...or are they likely advertising them wrong/they are fake?

Thanks so much for your time...cheers!

To the best of my knowledge Oakley only makes on size Brook..the Sliver maybe alil smaller?.. I think the only thing smaller will be a wire frame

To the best of my knowledge Oakley only makes on size Brook..the Sliver maybe alil smaller?.. I think the only thing smaller will be a wire frame
The Oakle Canadian site says the base Holbrook is 57mm, but states the Asian fit has a slightly narrower 56mm. Just curious if the 55mm is real or fake. (really hoping it is real!) I had a pair of Slivers but they ended up being a tad too big too...so I ended up returning them.
My tinfoils fit me great...smaller face frames are a common issue...dont know why they dont make different sizes...ugh

I'm interested in this same question about Holbrooks. I see 55mm on a lot of retailer websites (Macys, Nordstrom, even sunglass hut) and ebay/amazon, but I also see 57 on some models, and like Matt said, Oakley's website lists 57mm for all standard fit and 56mm for asian fit. My real question is, did the size actually physically change, or did they just determine they had the wrong size from the beginning and even though the numbers are different, there is no size difference? Maybe 55's were made in US and 57's are made in China?

As far as I'm aware, the standard release HB has always been 55mm and the Asian fit 56mm. I've never personally measured the orbital and have not noticed any pairs advertised at 57mm, but there may well be a frame this size (LX perhaps). Unfortunately I'm nowhere near my collection at the moment so I cannot confirm which may or may not be 57mm.

Here's a quick shot of the pair I'm wearing today, box is at home. Will upload more images tonight.
IMG_8205.JPG

The SKU matches up with the Oakley site and the 57mm size also matches with site. Just looks like they have multiple sizes... Perhaps a newer breed of Holbrook.

Sent from Q's Note5

Back