• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Matte Black Discoloration

DOubleD

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys so I just bought a brand new Oakley holbrook with a matte black frame and I noticed that the part which touches the nose(nose pad if that's what it's called and not the nose bridge) is somewhat discolored specifically the right one. It was grey in color while the left one was just fine. This made me wonder if this is just normal or is it a factory defect or is it the result of continuous testing of other customers while it was on display at the shop. This also made me ask these questions: 1) Does oil affect matte black frames in the long run? I have a very oily face and I was just wondering if this could discolor or affect my holbrook in the future. 2) If yes, how do I prevent this from happening? Your help and insight regarding this concern would be very much appreciated! Thank you so much in advance :)

Oils in our skin definitely affect the frames and the lenses. It is recommended to wash your oakleys with warm water and liquid hand soap from time to time. At least I do
And yes a picture would be helpful .

Oils in our skin definitely affect the frames and the lenses. It is recommended to wash your oakleys with warm water and liquid hand soap from time to time. At least I do
ahhhh thank you for that. So soap would be okay in cleaning the lenses? It wouldnt affect the iridium coating of the lenses? I'll be having the pic posted soon

ahhhh thank you for that. So soap would be okay in cleaning the lenses? It wouldnt affect the iridium coating of the lenses? I'll be having the pic posted soon
Not for ur lenses. They make a solution to clean that

Probably will need pictures to have better idea if it's within the norm.

UNAFFECTED SIDE:
LEkrx5V.jpg

AFFECTED SIDE:
wnrJ3j0.jpg

Here are the pics. As you can see, the affected side is kind of faded while the other one is still fine. Also the lining on the affected side seemed flat and faded compared to the other side which still looks fine.

Picture has been posted. Please check the above reply :)

Back