• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Matte Black Discoloration

Its hard to see from the picture. Many things would come in to play here, were did you buy these. Are they original. Are they made in USA, did they have this when you got them or did it recently appear. Oakley sunglasses quality in my opinion has gone down since they moved to china. Thanks to that I spend a lot less money buying Oakley.
I have washed many iridium lenses including fire which seems to be one of the more sensible colors , and the liquid hand soap has not affected it.(Very gently with little pressure with fingertips) And let it air dry before you clean with microfiber bag/ cloth.
Yes the Oakley or sunglass hut solution works better on the lens .

If you can still return them get a new pair.

Last edited:
Its hard to see from the picture. Many things would come in to play here, were did you buy these. Are they original. Are they made in USA, did they have this when you got them or did it recently appear. Oakley sunglasses quality in my opinion has gone down since they moved to china. Thanks to that I spend a lot less money buying Oakley.
I have washed many iridium lenses including fire which seems to be one of the more sensible colors , and the liquid hand soap has not affected it.(Very gently with little pressure with fingertips) And let it air dry before you clean with microfiber bag/ cloth.
Yes the Oakley or sunglass hut solution works better on the lens .

If you can still return them get a new pair.
Yeap they're pretty much original. I bought them from an oakley store here in the Philippines. Haven't seen the "made in the USA" stamp on one of the stems though. I had this when I got them and I already saw this before I bought it(just goes to show that it wasnt really a deal breaker for me). Ohhh probably. I'm just wondering how could the frame discolor so easily when it's still brand new. I saw a Julian Wilson holbrook with the same issue as mine. Ahh thank you for that alternative option for cleaning Oakley glasses. Dfinitely helped me! Thank you! One question though. Do I have to take the lenses off the frame when I wash it?

You c
Yeap they're pretty much original. I bought them from an oakley store here in the Philippines. Haven't seen the "made in the USA" stamp on one of the stems though. I had this when I got them and I already saw this before I bought it(just goes to show that it wasnt really a deal breaker for me). Ohhh probably. I'm just wondering how could the frame discolor so easily when it's still brand new. I saw a Julian Wilson holbrook with the same issue as mine. Ahh thank you for that alternative option for cleaning Oakley glasses. Dfinitely helped me! Thank you! One question though. Do I have to take the lenses off the frame when I wash it?

I Don't necessarily take them off unless I been suntanning or using lots of sunblock . Or maybe every 3 months, other than that you can clean all together.

Back