• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Metal Longevity

P226

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
SC
Hey, just a quick question...tried searching but no exact answer...

....but now that these have been out for a decent amount of time, I'm wondering how they are holding up, particularly the frames? I finally got to hold a pair the other day, and while they are nice and light, and a cool design, I couldn't stop thinking that the frame just didn't seem too "robust". I felt like it could bend and warp pretty easily, like if you opened the stems to forcefully by mistake for example. Has anyone has any issues with bending these frames by mistake, or are they stronger then they look? I want to pick up a pair, but they just seem soooooo thin that I'm worried they won't stand up to decent sunglass use...thanks

I think I would stick with xmetal frames if robust were the main concern.
My concern and I have two of these frames is finger / hair product and oil coming into contact with the frame discoloring the sides.
While the silver frame I have shows no issue my gunmetal displays some discoloration due to finger oil putting them on and off in addition to the occasional adjusting.

Ok thanks.
Anyone else damage their frames yet in any way? Or are these things holding up like tanks?

Ok thanks.
Anyone else damage their frames yet in any way? Or are these things holding up like tanks?
Only had mine for a few weeks and no problems with mine. I am not expecting the things to be bombproof since the frame looks very flexible.

Sent from Q's S8+

Think they will hold up from average every day use though?

Ok thanks.
They break very easily. I've had two pairs break the first sunglass hut jus gave me a new pair. But second same thing same spot same side told me I had to send them into oakley. I jis bought the mix so much better but so much money spent on sunglasses not good quality if you ask me. They cost over 200 bucks an snap every time

They break very easily. I've had two pairs break the first sunglass hut jus gave me a new pair. But second same thing same spot same side told me I had to send them into oakley. I jis bought the mix so much better but so much money spent on sunglasses not good quality if you ask me. They cost over 200 bucks an snap every time
Where and how did they break?

Back