• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Prizm Snow!

Kynocefalos

Oakley Beginner
Hi there beautiful Oakley people !!
I'm truck driver.
I have sapphire polarized Holbrooks for driving and it's just great for the job! But still I need some other lenses for more cloudy days.
So fiew days ago I've noticed new Holbrook model at my online Oakley dealer shop: Holbrook prizm snow, and i love how they look but the question is will they be good enough for the job?
If you know these lenses and write a word or two ;). Thanks a lot!! Have a nice oakley day!! 🍻

Depends on which prizm snow lens it is. prizm snow black is only good for bright sunny days, but prizm snow sapphire is good for cloudy days, but it seems like people either love em’ or hate em’. I’d recommend ordering them and make sure you can return them if you don’t like them.

Prizm sapphire I guess?
Photo below 👇🏻

-oakley-holbrook-9102-u5-steel-prizm-snow-sapphire.jpg

I like Prizm snow Sapphire on my Clifden works good for bright days (hitting up the beach etc) but also for cloudy days , they're not polarized of course.

I prefer Trail overall for the stronger rose base but they are fair bit brighter.

I didn't know that snow Sapphire was an option for the Holbrook or Holbrook XL, cool to have that option.

For driving which I been doing a lot of this past few weeks I've found Prizm Maritime to be the most comfortable all around (both Bright to some overcast), trail form when it's cloudy to overcast , and Tungsten Polarized when it's pretty much all sun to partly cloudy.

I like Prizm snow Sapphire on my Clifden works good for bright days (hitting up the beach etc) but also for cloudy days , they're not polarized of course.

I prefer Trail overall for the stronger rose base but they are fair bit brighter.

I didn't know that snow Sapphire was an option for the Holbrook or Holbrook XL, cool to have that option.

For driving which I been doing a lot of this past few weeks I've found Prizm Maritime to be the most comfortable all around (both Bright to some overcast), trail form when it's cloudy to overcast , and Tungsten Polarized when it's pretty much all sun to partly cloudy.
I have sapphire polarized for driving and it's great but sometimes to bright for full sunny days so I'm thinking about changing my lenses for deep waters cause they are bit more neutral and more comfortable for eyes with that rose base.
So I'm thinking what to buy now. Deep waters or snow sapphires?

I have sapphire polarized for driving and it's great but sometimes to bright for full sunny days so I'm thinking about changing my lenses for deep waters cause they are bit more neutral and more comfortable for eyes with that rose base.
So I'm thinking what to buy now. Deep waters or snow sapphires?
Sapphire and snow Sapphire are not the same thing.

Deep water is definitely darker (12%) but I much prefer the look of maritime over it. Snow prizm is going to feel brighter than deep water.

Sapphire and snow Sapphire are not the same thing.

Deep water is definitely darker (12%) but I much prefer the look of maritime over it. Snow prizm is going to feel brighter than deep water.
There's no maritime at my dealer shop so I don't have an option and still i like deep water more but speaking about snow sapphire.. are they good for all year usage or only winter time?

There's no maritime at my dealer shop so I don't have an option and still i like deep water more but speaking about snow sapphire.. are they good for all year usage or only winter time?
I would say they're good for all year if you like how they look.

They're aimed at giving more details in blankets of snow etc, same is true of sand. But they're not strictly winter/snow, they're just designed for it.

Just like how deep water is designed for use fishing out in the deep, but many use it like their daily everywhere lens.

I would say they're good for all year if you like how they look.

They're aimed at giving more details in blankets of snow etc, same is true of sand. But they're not strictly winter/snow, they're just designed for it.

Just like how deep water is designed for use fishing out in the deep, but many use it like their daily everywhere lens.
Ok thank you for information I think I will order it and see by my self;) have a nice day 🍻🍻🍻

Back