• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Reflection Problem

Maxlamenace

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, and I hope you'll be able to help me with this one.

I just bought my third pair of Oakley sunglasses last week. I've lost my hijinx during a trip so I stoped at the first Oakley store and fell in love with the Holbrook. I chosed the mate black frame and the chrome lenses. I was very excited by the look of these, but after a few minutes under the sun, I was very disapointed of my purshase.

The main problem is the reflection that I got of myself on the interior of the lenses. I see a lot of my cheeks and my eyes, witch is driving me crazy. The problem vary with the strenght of the sun, and my position. But even with a little sun, I can see my eyes. I'm wondering what created this problem. Is it the fact that the frame allow more light to enter from the sides, or it's the chrome lenses that also create reflection on the inside?

I'm wondering if changing the lenses would fix the problem...

What do you think? Have you experiment the same thing and get used to it?

Thanks

PS: i don't know if it's because of the reflection but I even feel a little fuzzy when I remove them, like if I was wearing somebody else prescription sunglasses... :sad:

I have the exact same setup of Holbrook as you do and I see partial reflections of my eyes on the inside. I think it just has to do with the design of the frame. With it not being a wraparound, it does let in a lot more light and therefore results in a reflection on the interior.

I don't get dizzy from wearing them though and the reflections don't really bother me all that much.

i just got the shaun white holbrooks with the 24k lenses and i don't have that problem at all....

that would bug the hell out of me too.... definitely hasn't ever happened to me with any oakleys before either....

I've noticed the 24k has it too, not nearly as bad as Chrome but it's still there.

I just think this is something you have to deal with when it comes to Iridium lenses, especially on styles like the Holbrook with much less base curve.

^idk i can't really say since my shaun white holbrooks w/ the 24k lens just came in today, but so far i haven't seen any unwanted reflection and i've used them in a bunch of different lighting conditions already... but i'll come back in a week or so after i've worn them a bunch and let you know if it happens to me....

i think i might have the same problem as ya. i have 6 holbrooks but really the only one i have this problem with is the polished clear/ chrome iridium. its not to bad wear i have to take them off but i do notice it. it must have something to do with the chrome and polished clear matching so well. but i get what your saying.

i think it's just the non-wrap around design of the holbrook, and basically, your personal preference i guess. i have a small face, and i use my SW FMJ all the time, so the reflection is there, but i barely notice it, and it doesn't really bother me. =) this could be prevalent to iridium lenses like what others have mentioned. i wouldn't know as i use iridium lenses almost exclusively. ha! so you could either try using a non-iridium lens, or go with a frame with my wrap like the hijinx, antix etc.

^^ haha yeah me too, all the lenses i use are iridium! and i've never had that problem, hopefully it won't be too bad when i scoop a pair of the FMJ holbrooks...

Latest Posts

Back