• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Rx

OakleyDokeley

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I had a pair made locally years ago in my Rx with silver mirror gray tint sunglasses in satin black frame (maybe pre-Rx frame) and they were an all time favourite of mine. I stupidly/drunkenly wore them swimming in the ocean and the coatings imediately started to peel and they have never been the same since. Note-to-self: don't drunkenly swim with sunglasses on!

I have been lusting after a new pair of Holbrook rx's for a bit and am getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger. I want the tortoise colored frame (large) but can't decide on a lens! Clear rx? Solid green tint Rx sunglass? A mirror tint Rx? So many choices! I need help.

Last edited:
Well, if you got the funds, I would do one pair of regular Holbrook frames with prizm Polarized lenses and one clear pair. If you can't swing that, you could try the new Transitions Xtraactive lenses. Supposed to be pretty good and transition quickly

Well, if you got the funds, I would do one pair of regular Holbrook frames with prizm Polarized lenses and one clear pair. If you can't swing that, you could try the new Transitions Xtraactive lenses. Supposed to be pretty good and transition quickly
Transitions extractive has mirror finishes now. I got one in gray / silver shadow mirror and absolutely love it.

16644969095216590594329124365740.jpg

16644970020588774857955353630825.jpg
16644970020588774857955353630825.jpg

I have a pair of Holbrook Metal RX glasses with RX transitions lenses, and I was thinking of upgrading to a Holbrook Ti frame. Are the lenses for these frames the same shape that I could carefully move my existing lenses from the Holbrook Metal frames I have now to a Holbrook Ti frame?

I have a pair of Holbrook Metal RX glasses with RX transitions lenses, and I was thinking of upgrading to a Holbrook Ti frame. Are the lenses for these frames the same shape that I could carefully move my existing lenses from the Holbrook Metal frames I have now to a Holbrook Ti frame?
I don't think so. Here is mines with Transitions XtrActive Silver Mirror
CB1B737D-9535-47C1-9CC8-40D43919E195.jpeg.jpg
CC617D13-5469-4350-83C4-DFCB23D115C4.jpeg.jpg

Those are my Oakley Holbrook Metal Rx Transitions lenses. They look very similar in shape lense wise to your Holbrook Ti.

Back