• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook vs Holbrook Metal

Barnabás

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of Holbrooks, and I am considering purchasing a Holbrook metal. Would it be worth? Is it better than Holbrook? Is it more comfortable?

I have a pair of Holbrooks, and I am considering purchasing a Holbrook metal. Would it be worth? Is it better than Holbrook? Is it more comfortable?
Much as I love Holbrooks, the metal is one model I'd avoid entirely. It's light to the extent it feels very tinny and flimsy, there isn't the slightest 'premium-ness' of metal construction and lenses aren't easy to swap. YMMV - do give it a try and see if you like it.

I just purchased my second Holbrook Metal and love the thinness and feel compared to the plastic Holbrook. It’s really nice. Feels great on my head. But to each their own. Only you can decide if it’s for you. Which one are you looking to buy?

How about Holbrook mixed? Those are my riding glasses, Rx. Fit great inside my helmet.

They are actually pretty nice. I agree they do have a tinny feel and would bend easily probably but you just have to take care of them. I had a hard time getting the nose pieces adjusted so they weren’t crooked on my face but it’s probably because of broken my nose so many times. I think you would actually like them.

i have all three versions (original, metal, and mix) because i love my holbrooks. Like @Inkkoonce said, only you can tell if its right for you. for me, it's original > mix > metal.

Back