• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook W/ Prescription... No Can Do Because -4.00 Sphere?

finnftw

Oakley Beginner
I wanted to get Holbrook sunglasses w/ prescription lenses but my local LensCrafters said they cannot be done because of my prescription. Online sites that sell these w/ RX lenses show I'm still inside the parameters which are +2.00 to -4.00 sphere, +2.00 to -3.00 cylinder and +2.00 to -4.00 total power.

My sphere is -4.00, cylinder -1.25, axis 0.65.

What do you think? Should I just skip the local LC and order online? (I didn't post any links to those online stores because I wasn't sure if it's allowed).

Alright, I'll answer to myself :) Just in case if someone runs into this same issue.

I did some digging and calling. My previous post has the the parameters for Holbrook and your prescription cannot go beyond those values. But here's the catch... my values looked like they were inside the parameters but they are not when sphere and cylinder are added together. So my total power became -5.25 which is (obviously) over -4.0. Frogskins don't have this limitation only Holbrook. Parameters for Frogskins are much wider.

Latest Posts

Back