• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook XL frames - bad lens fit

Nitarn

Oakley Beginner
Hello,
I recently bought 2 pair of holbrook xl - ruby and sapphire glasses, both with the prism polarized lenses and glossy frames.

On the sapphire model i noticed the bad lens fit right away(even before putting them on), the frame above the left lens(but also on right, not just as much) flexed and creaked when I touched the frame. Same with the ruby pair, but only when I hade those on. They feel so flimsy when they act like that.

Is this a common problem with the XL frames, cause i dont have any of that bad fit on my regular holbrook sized glasses.

Thankfull for all kind of input from you guys!

I'm not surprised. They started making all the Holbrook XLs in Brazil and the quality control in that facility sucks. I would get them exchanged at a store or just send them back and re-order.

I'd say I reject about 20 percent of the Holbrooks that come through my store for improper lens fit (of the ones that come from brazil). The ones that are stamped "USA Assembled" almost never have issues. You would think they would make them well since they LOVE Oakley in Brazil!

I'm not surprised. They started making all the Holbrook XLs in Brazil and the quality control in that facility sucks. I would get them exchanged at a store or just send them back and re-order.

I'd say I reject about 20 percent of the Holbrooks that come through my store for improper lens fit (of the ones that come from brazil). The ones that are stamped "USA Assembled" almost never have issues. You would think they would make them well since they LOVE Oakley in Brazil!
Well now that's a shame to hear. A refund it is then.

And as a side note, these do have the USA assembled" stamp as well, but i guess that's not a guarantee on quality these days. Hope the next ones will be more solid - and without the frame scratches that both the ruby and sapphire came with 🤔

Well now that's a shame to hear. A refund it is then.

And as a side note, these do have the USA assembled" stamp as well, but i guess that's not a guarantee on quality these days. Hope the next ones will be more solid - and without the frame scratches that both the ruby and sapphire came with 🤔
Does it say assembled in USA on the box label?

Yeah, but I almost missed it due to small font size haha
Yeah it's real small. Sorry about your pairs.

Also, if they are polished black frames you ordered, they pretty much always have scratches. That's just the nature of polished black. You touch it and it gets swirl marks. That's why I always opt for matte black.

Yeah it's real small. Sorry about your pairs.

Also, if they are polished black frames you ordered, they pretty much always have scratches. That's just the nature of polished black. You touch it and it gets swirl marks. That's why I always opt for matte black.
Im just glad that there is a refund policy :)
Oh ye, I'll go for matte ones instead - for sure!

Thanks for all your info and feedback! :)

Latest Posts

Back