• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holebrook Metal Lense selections?

[...] When I looked at this frame in the store I noticed it's orbital was similar to a Spike or Inmate where it doesn't have a screw holding the orbital together, its solid. This makes lenses changes awful.
I just noticed something odd: the photos of the Metal Holbrook on Oakley's website show seamless orbitals, like the old Spike sunglasses frames:
Oakley Holbrook Metal in GOLD SATIN / DARK GRAY | Oakley

But the photos on the SGH website show a split in each orbital just below the temple arms, with a single screw in each orbital to clamp the frame tight around the lens:
http://www.sunglasshut.com/us/888392269751

Even for the same SKU (e.g. OO4123-0455), Oakley shows seamless orbitals while SGH shows split orbitals.

Last edited:
Oakley is/was always a wizard at marketing and photoshopping. This is just another example @Sun & Sand . I'm sure you probably realized that, rather than believe my space alien theory Lol! The photos in an email I got (January '17) said "photos and prices subject to change". So I think they were more prototype photos, rather than actual "cold insert" snap lenses! Should be easy to change as @onz just showed. Uses tiny Phillips screwdriver head.

Anyone that wants to order custom lenses, in the available lens colors can hit me up. They'll take me a few weeks to import from oakley Luxottica International.

Grey, Dark Gray, +Red, Jade, Black, Torch Polarized, Prizm Black Polarized, and Prizm Sapphire Polarized. Typically take about 2-3 weeks for me to get, then another week to ship to you USA homies.

Good to know I can grab a set of Prizm Black Polarized if I want to try them out. Was afraid swapping/replacing wouldn't be an option with these but I am happy overall with them and more happy that I can remove the lenses.

Maybe an out of date question, but I’m wondering if the sapphire prizm and the sapphire fade are the same? I’ve seen them listed both ways. Thanks!!

Latest Posts

Back