• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holeshot Clasp Fail - Unrepairable??

trippledigitss

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Has anyone else encountered this with the clasp for the metal bracelet? This Saturday I was wearing my "Brazil" edition holeshot with stealth bracelet and when I went to take it off the clasp wouldnt open and I noticed one of the release buttons had popped off and was gone.

I did not hit the band or clasp on anything and I never have. There is no damage or significant wear on this watch or the band and I have no idea why it just up and failed all the sudden? (I did notice in one of the close up pics it looks like there are some scrapes or something where the button used to be - but I can assure you there is nothing there and those must be fingerprint smudges or something)

I never was able to get the other side to release and had to remove a link pin to get the watch off.

I dont think its possible to repair this and I think its going to be hard to find a black clasp. I will probably have to buy the standard silver version and then have it cerakoted to match.

Whoops forgot pics

20190622_165938.jpg
20190622_165953.jpg
20190622_170011.jpg
20190622_170026.jpg

Unless you can find a spare part, repairing will be a costly exercise to have a replacement part made. It is possible and I've done something similar.

Ok thanks. I didn't even consider having a part made. Seems like just buying another clasp or band would be the best route and still not very cheap. But the watch isn't worth much the way it is now, that's for sure.

Ok thanks. I didn't even consider having a part made. Seems like just buying another clasp or band would be the best route and still not very cheap. But the watch isn't worth much the way it is now, that's for sure.
Keep it as a display piece until you find the parts.

If you want parts made, I may be able to do them but can't say for certain without inspecting them in person. It'd be one lengthy project...

Keep it as a display piece until you find the parts.

If you want parts made, I may be able to do them but can't say for certain without inspecting them in person. It'd be one lengthy project...
sounds good. I have a couple of other people looking around for me to see if anyone from Oakley HQ or repair can help. But if nothing happens there and I cant find a clasp I will get back with you.

I will hold out for a bit but I seriously think I will just have to buy another HS and/or SS bracelet and have it painted. Or I guess I could cannibalize my standard black face watch and steal the clasp to have it painted. I hardly wear that one anyway and its fairly common. Then sell off all the links leftover and put a rubber strap the black face watch and get rid of it too. I dont like the rubber straps very much on any of the Oakley watches.

Damn it just sucks, this was one of my favorite watches too - I love the colors

If someone is willing to make the part, make two I would buy one also. It's was my everyday favorite watch .

Mine did the exact same thing. It sucks, but hey if you want to wear it a paperclip is perfect size to unlock it..
Oh man - bummer! How old was it - or more like how much use had it seen? Mine was fairly new so it really baffles me.

I will eventually find a replacement or have something custom made for it. But how are you using the paperclip???

Back