• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holeshot: The rubber band gets oily

karimo

I am Jim Jannard...
Chile
For some reason when I put the watch away in the box, after a while the rubber band/strap gets all oily, is that normal?

this is 1 billion percent speculation here, but I'd imagine that the storage conditions are such that vanilla essential oils are liquefying and separating. :eek:

I don't know. Am I?

Sounds legit... I will start using it instead of keeping it in the dark.

Salt parrot refers to the vanilla smell your band should have. If it's oily then either the band is releasing the vanilla or its releasing the oils that sucked up from your wrist. You sweat and the band sucks up your sweat like a sponge. You live in high humidity place?

Salt parrot refers to the vanilla smell your band should have. If it's oily then either the band is releasing the vanilla or its releasing the oils that sucked up from your wrist. You sweat and the band sucks up your sweat like a sponge. You live in high humidity place?
I live in a low humidity place, not too hot nor too cold... What you say make sense, thank for your answer.