• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holiday Traditions

It’s cool.

I still have my parents, but I lost a close uncle about 10 years ago. The first year was really rough during each holiday...but especially Christmas. But, we’ve memorialized him by remembering stories of him with my dad, his brother. It was sad the first couple of years talking about him, but now there is a certain level of peace when we each talk of him.

I pray all of you find that peace sooner than later.

By the way, the Pizza shop is called Betos’s. They cook their pies without much cheese on it and then they top it with cold cheese. People in Pittsburgh seem to love it or hate it. I love it and get a whole tray of it each Black Friday to share with the family...

Peace to all, my friends.
Hmmm, that sounds interesting. I like cheese but cold cheese on a hot pizza sounds weird, and intriguing. Wouldn't it just melt?

I'm not.

In keeping with the title, I'm going have to start some new things since my mom passed 3 months ago. Just sad right now.

May the holidays be merry.
I’ve spent the last few Christmases quietly with mum, before seeing my brother on Boxing Day. Not an option since she died in March, not sure I want a boisterous dinner round my bro’s either. I’ll raise a glass to you Q, and to all whose parents are still around, you make the most of them.

I’ve spent the last few Christmases quietly with mum, before seeing my brother on Boxing Day. Not an option since she died in March, not sure I want a boisterous dinner round my bro’s either. I’ll raise a glass to you Q, and to all whose parents are still around, you make the most of them.
Cheers.

Holidays won't be the same, for sure, but I will just make the best of it. It is what she would want. Just miss her so much.

Yeah, I dont even want to set foot in ATL right now. I stayed home this weekend and I am going somewhere else for Christmas
My father and step mom moved to the east coast of Florida earlier this year. I've tried everything to get them to visit for Christmas. I haven't seen them in Christmas since Lord knows when.. Oddly enough my sister moved back onto the central coast (CA). So I'm starting new traditions I hope for her kids.

My biggest tradition is the dinner at Mom's, so I get the pain. Peace and good tidings to you @QLR1

No traditions for me - other than my usual daily traditions.

I’m more into the idea of Winter Solstice than Christmas. Same goes for the spring & autumn equinox and the summer solstice.

I do like the idea of mass self consumerism. Buy loads of high end plastic stuff and quite a few beers!!

It’s really the time to hit the water - when all the weekend warriors are indoors the waves are usually quite empty!! 💪🏼👌🏻🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏻‍♂️

My mum died 5 years ago on 29 Nov @QLR1
I found that listening to much loved and long lost tunes helped enormously. My old man died 15 years ago just after Christmas so I am the family elder now - at 46 🤦🏻‍♂️🥺🤣😎

For the past 47 years we have celebrated Wigilia at my parents house. Over the years we've had family that have left us, but new members have joined as our extended family grows. We had as few as a dozen, or so and as many as almost 30.

Once again this year we will be at my mom's house. Some family won't make it but most of us will be there.

Part of the tradition is there is always an extra plate set at the table..... just in case there is an unexpected visitor.

@QLR1 I know you are some 1200+ miles away, but you would be welcome if you found your way in MA

No traditions for me - other than my usual daily traditions.

I’m more into the idea of Winter Solstice than Christmas. Same goes for the spring & autumn equinox and the summer solstice.

I do like the idea of mass self consumerism. Buy loads of high end plastic stuff and quite a few beers!!

It’s really the time to hit the water - when all the weekend warriors are indoors the waves are usually quite empty!! 💪🏼👌🏻🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏻‍♂️

My mum died 5 years ago on 29 Nov @QLR1
I found that listening to much loved and long lost tunes helped enormously. My old man died 15 years ago just after Christmas so I am the family elder now - at 46 🤦🏻‍♂️🥺🤣😎
plastic, pffft. You clearly need to get yourself a pair of x-metals.

Back