• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hollow point part fell off

I'd pull it apart and put it back but I think the crystal has to be out to get to the bezel area. Hopefully they can sort it out at walk in warranty.
I always wondered what it looked like under those little dial pieces. Just two tiny pinholes. Thanks @zwc0442 for the show-and-tell. That is the first HP I have seen that happen with. Since you're so close, you might as well take it in to Oakley. Or, you could have all the fun yourself. I have disassembled many of Oakley's watches, but have yet to do a HP. With their other watches, you remove the case back, gain access to the dial, remove the battery, remove the crown and pin very carefully, and the dial just comes right out the back. I am curious to know if that outer ring is part of the dial assembly. I think it is though. I think that is all one piece. Take that bad boy apart and show us. :D

I've had a few MM apart. The outer bezel has to be removed from the front on those. I was guessing the HP is the same but haven't had it apart yet to find out.

If I do take it apart I want to make a little elite icon to replace the ellipse O on the dial as well just for the hell of it.

the outer ring bezel comes out from the font like MM. You need to pop the crystal. Here's a work in progress pic i dug up from a previous custom i did

PhotoGrid_1461171333551.jpg

Back