• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hollow point part fell off

Oh wow. That's cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was playing around with anodizing to try out different colorways. They look stunning in real life but just doesn't suit my style unfortunately. It's strange because colorful x-metals are perfectly acceptable to me whilst colorful watches just cramps my fashion style

One of my hobbies is watch repair, and I've seen a lot of even extremely expensive watches with a similar problem. It's not difficult to fix if you want to give it a go but you need to be very careful if you try. There are two tiny posts on the rear of the part that fell off that line up with the holes, you need to use a pin or similar to place a tiny amount of glue onto the posts and tweezers to put the part back.
Re the made in China thing, even Rolex is using Chinese made parts in their watches. The Swiss are quite "loose" regarding how much Swiss content has to be in a Swiss watch.

I dropped it off at walk in warranty last weekend but haven't heard back on it yet. I would have fixed it probably if it wasn't such a pain to get to. It's right behind the crystal so kinda difficult to do without pulling the crystal out.

Got the watch back and the little block is back in its place but it has a new problem. The upper chrono button is not popping back up now when pressing and doesn't have that click when pressing it like it used to. Guess I traded one problem for another.

Got the watch back and the little block is back in its place but it has a new problem. The upper chrono button is not popping back up now when pressing and doesn't have that click when pressing it like it used to. Guess I traded one problem for another.
Oh ****

Back