• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hollowpoint Clasp problem

• Thread starter BakedTater
  • Start date
Well,if it's not too late...I would run the vacuum and then start sifting,or put something over the end of the vacuum hose,nylon stocking for example,and start meticulously vacuuming that way. If it's fallen in to a box or some other abyss,go to plan B. Not sure what plan B would be,however.
If/when you reinstall I would go the Loctite route,or even Teflon tape or the like. Good luck.

As far as parts go,before yielding to the resident pros; https://blog.esslinger.com/

Last edited:
@RightOnTime Sadly, I vacuumed 5 or 6 different times. I moved some furniture around after each time, and still came up with nothing. I tried to find the part on Esslinger but, I couldn’t find it. And yes, @Serturbo , it does suck. My favorite watch, and it’s just sitting in the display :cry:

If you can find dimensions/specs or even pics of it any machinist could make you a replacement piece? Universities usually have machine shops for internal needs and might consider a request like this for relatively cheap...

In a normal jewelery they should have regular watch clasps pins like this on stock ;) maybe it will be repaired with a lightly different pin size but it will solve your problem im sure ;)

Was finally able to get the watch inspected at a couple of local jewelers. Sadly, no luck.

is anyone here knows the exact model of the screw on hollowpoint links?

They’re just Hollow Point link screws. There’s not like a part number or anything for em. They are unique to the HP. Well, maybe the same as found in a FMJ but I cannot confirm.

Are you looking for extra links?

Back