• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Home XYZ Experiment

BubshaitSs

Oakley Beginner
Bahrain
Hi guys,

since i am new here i am not sure if anybody tried this or not.. I had this idea since 1 and half week, to get an affordable toy red lazer from the the toys shop and use it to test the refraction (XYZ) of the lenses i have, and see how they cope with my oem minute 2.0 lens..

I am not affiliated with any of these companies and im not stating who is the villain and the angel out of them, i am just doing this because of curiosity to get to know which reason that makes you dislike the lens.. is it clarity or base color or the XYZ.. this test is not perfectly perfect since the lazer moves a little bit but i tried my best to make sure it does not.. tried my best to perfect it..

Last: since im new here i hope you would believe me that i didnt cheat in this test..
============================================================

My equipment and procedure:

- lazer 3.5 meter away from the bullseye (because my cam couldnt snap a clear pic farther than this)
- Cheap 2.5 $ lazer mounted on a small rayovac charger with tape
- Oakley minute 2.0 with oem black iridium polarized (mounted)
- Oakley monster pup with @ikon lenses Silver mirror polarized (mounted)
- @Revant Optics blue polarized lens
- Eye kon green polarized lens
- Eyekon orange red yellow fire gold i dont know what this color is, polarized
- Emporio armani with hoya (the salesman says it is but i guess not because the lens isnt pure) AR non pres lenses

here is my conclusion:
- Oem iridium on my minute 2.0 are almost perfect they are on the dot almost, but maybe because of its age its not perfect (5years use and a bit scratched)
- Ikon lens on moster pup which i got yesterday the right lens is perfectly almost in the bullseye dot but the left one is waaay offset. That explains why i had eye strain and felt dizzy all day yesterday after wearing it for 2 hours or so, i got a bad left lens. but these lenses clarity are oakley comparable.
- Revant blue lens are as well are almost on the bullseye.
- both eyekons are as well on the bullseye dot.
- (the assumed hoya) almost on the dot, but little bit refracted.

here are the pictures (part1)

IMAG0693.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0695.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

IMAG0701.jpg

IMAG0703.jpg

IMAG0704.jpg

IMAG0705.jpg

IMAG0706.jpg

IMAG0707.jpg

IMAG0708.jpg

IMAG0709.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0712.jpg

IMAG0713.jpg

you should use two laser pointers that are set to converge on the same point about 10+ feet away and see what happens to the 2 dots as the different lenses in the frames are swapped out. 1 dot has a lot of room for error.

But I like where your head is at

in the first tests with the frames i guess the laser was a bit higher than the dot a little bit. i fotgot to say.. the bullseye dot is almost 2 or 3 cm.

you should use two laser pointers that are set to converge on the same point about 10+ feet away and see what happens to the 2 dots as the different lenses in the frames are swapped out. 1 dot has a lot of room for error.

But I like where your head is at
thanx. im just giving an idea maybe someone else can do it proffesionally

I like Ikon lenses and they say they have more modern technology implemented into their lenses that surpasses Oakley lenses. Other than the non reflective coating on the rear side, I'd love to see this test performed on them as well.

I like Ikon lenses and they say they have more modern technology implemented into their lenses that surpasses Oakley lenses. Other than the non reflective coating on the rear side, I'd love to see this test performed on them as well.

lets hope Doug sees this and try to add it to the lens quality test.

Latest Posts

Back