• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Homemade Display Stand!

Picked them up today! It looks great!! big thanks to xlnZax for these.

Will be putting up pictures tomorrow. The lighting sucks in my apartment or I would snap a few tonight.

im still up for one of these maybe two. :)

@Oblazer, how's the plexiglass shelf's holding up? do they seem secure ?
love the look of this shelf. something nice and different from all the black and metal stuff. :)

let me know when you have one finished, or if you are able to tweak your design a bit. I was hoping the top shelf could be smaller than the 2nd, sort of a tier'd pyramid effect. :)

Would some lightweight metal sheet work instead of plexiglass? but then again that'd take a metal cutter. I just thought some metal shelf's would be awesome...but that's me.

Haha I can't do that, but I am more than happy to leave grooves for you to add them in later depending on the thickness. I gave OBlazer a bunch of plexiglass sheets, which came in two different sizes. Basically allowed him to alter them if needed. There was also another set I gave him, that had alternate levels on the spine. Problem is, the router busted on me and couldn't continue on Thursday. I'll let you know this week, and will need to buy some more plexiglass. Total, I'd need to ship these via Medium Flat Rate box at $10 (and can most likely fit two sets), plus around $5-$10 to cover the plexiglass. The wood I grab are general scrap pieces that my students waste so you'll get some pretty interesting types! Exotic wood in other words lol.

As far as the plexiglass shelving, the one I have in my case is really good. Since the surface area is so small, it doesn't flex at all. However, Mine are much smaller than his and can't fit boxes behind them, so he'll have to confirm for you.

Haha I can't do that, but I am more than happy to leave grooves for you to add them in later depending on the thickness. I gave OBlazer a bunch of plexiglass sheets, which came in two different sizes. Basically allowed him to alter them if needed. There was also another set I gave him, that had alternate levels on the spine. Problem is, the router busted on me and couldn't continue on Thursday. I'll let you know this week, and will need to buy some more plexiglass. Total, I'd need to ship these via Medium Flat Rate box at $10 (and can most likely fit two sets), plus around $5-$10 to cover the plexiglass. The wood I grab are general scrap pieces that my students waste so you'll get some pretty interesting types! Exotic wood in other words lol.

As far as the plexiglass shelving, the one I have in my case is really good. Since the surface area is so small, it doesn't flex at all. However, Mine are much smaller than his and can't fit boxes behind them, so he'll have to confirm for you.
HAHA, hope i wasn't asking to much outta you man! I know I can't custom build these from you!
would the total than be $20 for one stand?

I really liked the wood you used in the photo's.

thank's for the info! I hope my shelfs will be just big enough for boxes to be placed on them. I'll prob go with one for now, until i finish another Oakley collection and then i'll buy another from you. I finished my devils' brigade collection. Not sure what to put on a second stand of yours...
but i have time to figure that out! until then, i can look and enjoy my devil's brigade collection on a XLNZAX custom stand.
edit: Almost done with a motogp collection...minus the plaintiff which ill never buy..

Oh the $20 would cover probably 2 stands with 6 shelves (3 shelves per stand) unless you wanted them smaller, along with 2 ADDITIONAL plexiglass shelves that could be custom cut to size if needed. (Pyramid Effect). I cut the sheets out into approx. 7.5" x 7.25" for OBlazer, so I would ask him how that worked out with the boxes. By the way, it's an I not an L :wink: haha

Oh the $20 would cover probably 2 stands with 6 shelves (3 shelves per stand) unless you wanted them smaller, along with 2 ADDITIONAL plexiglass shelves that could be custom cut to size if needed. (Pyramid Effect). I cut the sheets out into approx. 7.5" x 7.25" for OBlazer, so I would ask him how that worked out with the boxes. By the way, it's an I not an L :wink: haha
HAHAH, so much for what education i remember from my school days!!1 my apologizes lol.

ahh ok cool. ill do $10.

No matter what it'll be $20 lol. That's why I said I'll just throw in two stands, since Medium Flat Rate boxes are $10. The wood is rather clunky/heavy since it's hardwood, not particle board or plywood. I can see how much it would cost to send one through First Class though.

No matter what it'll be $20 lol. That's why I said I'll just throw in two stands, since Medium Flat Rate boxes are $10. The wood is rather clunky/heavy since it's hardwood, not particle board or plywood. I can see how much it would cost to send one through First Class though.
Dude stop confusing me!!! or am i just easily confused and braindead after 1,000 posts on here...

sorry man!

hahaha alright $20 it iz!!