• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Homemade Display Stand!

Homemade Stand 2.0!

There's two LED Lights per row, but I think I still need more. They light up pretty well, but not well enough. Next time, going to put a tongue groove under the glass for them to poke out of. Also, the elevated bottom worked out well. I got really lazy at the end after softening up the edges and didn't match up the legs properly. Oh well!

f6wAz.jpg

AFvg2.jpg

That's a good idea! The lights were so pricey though :(. $6 for 10 LED's. It was almost impossible to find a small strain anywhere. Also, I used polycarbonate glass rather than acrylic. I got a nasty kick back and took a heavy blow lol. I can throw make another set for you OBlazer, with two pines and double lights. Will end up costing a bit more $'s though :(. I'm wondering if the Christmas lights would work better, but these run on Battery Power, getting rid of any loose cords which is their major selling point. I was rushing to get this done today, so next time I'll probably add more detail to the spine like I did with the base. It's slightly improving! Also, decided to just screw in the bottom part. Makes it a little harder to make modifications, but is much more secure seeing as how I over cut the base hole.

@yoshi: It's $20 for Two Three Shelf Display Stands lol. $10 for medium flat rate box, and $10 for parts/plexiglass. Easy peasy!

How much bigger did you want the shelves? Compared to the ones I gave to you? I can modify the whole thing to fit that scale. Also, was the space between the shelves good? It was a guess lol

The space between the shelves was spot on! Double the width would be amazing, if that doesn't work quite right you could chop off an inch or two from each side and it would still work wonderfully

Sounds good! I'll grab the materials and build one up hopefully by the end of this week. The base will have to be bigger though, probably around the 12-13" mark. I'll experiment and let you know :).