• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Homemade Display Stand!

Bad news...the lighting really stinks. The LED's aren't powerful enough to give off a decent under light. SO, I'm just going to drill holes into the sides and let you play with some xmas lights lol. I'll make them big enough so you can stick em through if needed. Plexiglass is still a b**** though.

Thanks! Still a work in progress :(. I took it home and found the lightning sucks real bad. We finally got the router bit working in the woodshop, so I can shape the edges much better for the next run for OBlazer. Might have to charge some actual labor costs next time ;)

Ok...so....I did some experimenting to cut these slits for the plexiglass more accurately and efficiently. I failed miserably non the less. It turned out somewhat decent, and it should work for your needs. Unfortunately, I screwed up so bad that I just gave up and redid the slits on the other side. I rounded off the edges nicely to give it a smooth look, but it's still rather awkward in general. The top part got screwed up on the left side, not seen in the picture. It just fell off leaving a weird gash lol. Any suggestions, please let me know. Still a work in progress :sad:

*Please note that the plexiglass was just used to see how it would look. I have actual cut to size glass that I'd use haha.

bQLtd.jpg

Attachments

• bQLtd.jpg
    bQLtd.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 176
  • bQLtd.jpg
    bQLtd.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 179
Ok...so....I did some experimenting to cut these slits for the plexiglass more accurately and efficiently. I failed miserably non the less. It turned out somewhat decent, and it should work for your needs. Unfortunately, I screwed up so bad that I just gave up and redid the slits on the other side. I rounded off the edges nicely to give it a smooth look, but it's still rather awkward in general. The top part got screwed up on the left side, not seen in the picture. It just fell off leaving a weird gash lol. Any suggestions, please let me know. Still a work in progress :sad:

*Please note that the plexiglass was just used to see how it would look. I have actual cut to size glass that I'd use haha.

bQLtd.jpg

I like the effect of the groove both sides. Could the "O" be routed into the base of the stand. I would be intrested in knowing how much one this size with the three shelves & if poss the "O" routed into the base would cost with delivery to the UK.

Attachments

• bQLtd.jpg
    bQLtd.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 186
  • bQLtd.jpg
    bQLtd.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 175
Yeah it can be really easily. I have no idea how to use MasterCAM still though. The guy who is a wizz at it gets so distracted and keeps forgetting to show me. That was my initial plan haha.

Yeah it can be really easily. I have no idea how to use MasterCAM still though. The guy who is a wizz at it gets so distracted and keeps forgetting to show me. That was my initial plan haha.

I love the finish you have come up with with the curved edges & the double routing of the slots on the uprights. I'm intrested in getting a price for this type of display stand from you if you can get the "O" routed into the base. Could this be shipped flat packed to me so i could assemble it over here in the UK?