• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Homemade Display Stand!

I love the finish you have come up with with the curved edges & the double routing of the slots on the uprights. I'm intrested in getting a price for this type of display stand from you if you can get the "O" routed into the base. Could this be shipped flat packed to me so i could assemble it over here in the UK?

The beauty of his design is there is no screws or anything, everything is just fitted, so flat packing is definitely possible!

OBLazer, the newer model shall be ready for you this week. Also, I got the router replaced so I got a base for the second spine I gave you. Hopefully your boxes will cover the shame in the spines lol. And unfortunately, since I did try something new with these, I just drilled them into place rather than dry fitting them. The good thing though, is that you can unscrew them if needed.

I love the finish you have come up with with the curved edges & the double routing of the slots on the uprights. I'm intrested in getting a price for this type of display stand from you if you can get the "O" routed into the base. Could this be shipped flat packed to me so i could assemble it over here in the UK?

As long as you cover shipping and the plexiglass, that's all it'd cost. With the triple shelves, it'll probably be around $15-$20 for a sheet of plexiglass. .080". The wood can be covered through the school I'm at (using the students scrap haha), and the shipping wold probably run $20-$30? I have no idea about international shipping. I've never done it lol. I'm not looking for profit on these btw. Just wanted to help a few peeps out. They're not like...professional craftsmanship what so ever, but they do the job at a very low cost!

As long as you cover shipping and the plexiglass, that's all it'd cost. With the triple shelves, it'll probably be around $15-$20 for a sheet of plexiglass. .080". The wood can be covered through the school I'm at (using the students scrap haha), and the shipping wold probably run $20-$30? I have no idea about international shipping. I've never done it lol. I'm not looking for profit on these btw. Just wanted to help a few peeps out. They're not like...professional craftsmanship what so ever, but they do the job at a very low cost!

I'll be in touch then when I get paid next. I can pay thru patpal & would cover their costs also.

Sounds good! I'll start working on it. Any type of wood preferred? I have bubinga set aside right now for yours.

Okie dokie. 2 Hours in the woodshop and a trip to Lowes proved awesome! I picked up two 15" x 11 3/4" sheets of glass for my display case for only $6!!!!! Anyways, I have completed the project for you Oakley_Sight, and it actually ran much smoother than last time. Unfortunately for OBlazer, his was more of a trial and error set haha. Anyways, the total amount in plexiglass for boh projects will sit at about $7 a piece, and the wood used will net around $2 a piece. (Used all Oak for Oakley_Sight). Shipping, I have no idea what shipping will cost to the UK. For you Oakley, I was able to cut the slits for the spines much thinner than before, so the plexiglass sits really well inside the groove. You may need to tweak it slightly. I also sanded the surface down a little bit, and routed all of the edges. As far as assembly goes, there are two countersink holes at the bottom, and I have pre-drilled the holes for you so all you have to do is screw them in yourself. They will come flat packed! Both will be able to support 6 glasses, and ideally 3 boxes on each shelf in between the spines. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Edit: They are also tiered. I took Yoshi's suggestion and made it get smaller as it gets to the top, but not by much. Only fractions of an inch off all sides. Sorry OBlazer for the trial set haha.

* Left is OBlazer's.
* Right is Oakley_Sights

HVD9B.jpg

Please note that I didn't take the plastic guard off of the plexiglass so that you will get them scratch free! That's why they're unclear at this time.

okie dokie. 2 hours in the woodshop and a trip to lowes proved awesome! I picked up two 15" x 11 3/4" sheets of glass for my display case for only $6!!!!! Anyways, i have completed the project for you oakley_sight, and it actually ran much smoother than last time. Unfortunately for oblazer, his was more of a trial and error set haha. Anyways, the total amount in plexiglass for boh projects will sit at about $7 a piece, and the wood used will net around $2 a piece. (used all oak for oakley_sight). Shipping, i have no idea what shipping will cost to the uk. For you oakley, i was able to cut the slits for the spines much thinner than before, so the plexiglass sits really well inside the groove. You may need to tweak it slightly. I also sanded the surface down a little bit, and routed all of the edges. As far as assembly goes, there are two countersink holes at the bottom, and i have pre-drilled the holes for you so all you have to do is screw them in yourself. They will come flat packed! Both will be able to support 6 glasses, and ideally 3 boxes on each shelf in between the spines. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Edit: They are also tiered. I took yoshi's suggestion and made it get smaller as it gets to the top, but not by much. Only fractions of an inch off all sides. Sorry oblazer for the trial set haha.

* left is oblazer's.
* right is oakley_sights

hvd9b.jpg

please note that i didn't take the plastic guard off of the plexiglass so that you will get them scratch free! That's why they're unclear at this time.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just letting anyone else who is interested know, I only be making 2-3 more, double wide stands. One with 2 shelves, and 2 with 3 shelves. Let me know if you're interested! Can be flat packed and shipped anywhere.