• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Honestly 9/10 Overall. No Scratches On Lens" - My Ass

Let's be fair we all know what "LIKE NEW" means. So did this seller. If there are marks or damage to any part of the sunglasses, they are NOT "like new". He looks like he's pulled a fast one. Needs taking down I say.

It is what it is, but I'm over it.....I bought a pair of trashed out Flaks. I will either leave them alone and use them as safety glasses or put a new pair of lenses in them and be marginally happy with them overall. He PM'd me back, which went nowhere, so i just left brutal negative feedback and moved on.

Can those marks be removed on the third pic? The chips on the first two pics are unfortunate but at least they can't be seen unless you look at them closely right?

If those marks can be cleaned up all it needs is a set of new lenses and it shouldn't be too bad. Should be salvageable right?

Not saying what the seller did was excusable though. That's a bunch of crap.

No the third pic is the worst of them all. I have tried buffing it down as much as I can, but what you are looking at is a patch of very deep scuffs. However, I am sure i can salvage them like you say. I might even take an extremely high grit sandpaper to the scuffs. I think they will look nice with a new set of red or blue lenses of some variety (oakley or aftermarket).

No the third pic is the worst of them all. I have tried buffing it down as much as I can, but what you are looking at is a patch of very deep scuffs. However, I am sure i can salvage them like you say. I might even take an extremely high grit sandpaper to the scuffs. I think they will look nice with a new set of red or blue lenses of some variety (oakley or aftermarket).
That sucks. So that scuff mark is more like he grazed it over asphalt? What the hell is that guy thinking? Nine out of ten my ass.

SAME STORY HERE BRO! i bought a carbon juliet with 2 extra sets of lens of someone on this forum ( dont think he uses this forum anymore) he told me that the ruby lens had tiny scratches and the other two lens were perfect. MY ASS. The ruby lens had like scratches on both side on the lens, not really notciable but still its there (not too bad considering its been a year old?). The worst is the ice lens which has like a small deep scratch on the lens. i told the guy about the deep scratch. I couldnt get a picture of it so he refused to give me a partial refund. Ohwell~ luckily it was in line of sight or i would have been pissed.

SAME STORY HERE BRO! i bought a carbon juliet with 2 extra sets of lens of someone on this forum ( dont think he uses this forum anymore) he told me that the ruby lens had tiny scratches and the other two lens were perfect. MY ASS. The ruby lens had like scratches on both side on the lens, not really notciable but still its there (not too bad considering its been a year old?). The worst is the ice lens which has like a small deep scratch on the lens. i told the guy about the deep scratch. I couldnt get a picture of it so he refused to give me a partial refund. Ohwell~ luckily it was in line of sight or i would have been pissed.
Did you contact the staff about it? If the guy scammed you it should be reported so the staff can be aware of his actions.

I regret buying them, but I am glad to have them....if you know what i mean. I think i can clean them up enough to wear.

They can be my little project, and for the time being look good with the family.

CameraZOOM-20111102172019471.jpg