• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Hong Kong Help?

chocobo4eva

Oakley Beginner
I am located in Hong Kong and and looking to purchase a few pairs of oakleys , hopefully from the exchange section here which I have heard so much about, so i imagine its highly likely american seller, however i would like to know what problems i'm going to encounter in terms of shipping and how difficult the process is?

I am perfectly willing to pay the cost, just wondering if there are hidden charges or customs issues and whether theres any other things i need to be aware of? i also not entirely up to speed on how transactions are handled, I see the word paypal here and there. but would like to know what that actually consists of. does simply having a paypal account suffice? ( i not even sure if my accoutn is still active and quite frankly i rarely purchase anything online through other means than credit card).
thank you in advance. i simply want to be prepared when the big moment comes.

Chocobo -

I have no experience shipping, buying, or selling into or out of China, so I cannot speak to that part of your question.

The Paypal part, however, is easy. Check if your Paypal account is active, if it is it will be linked to a bank account of yours. You can choose how you want to pay when you are buying something through Paypal...if you only have a bank account linked the money will come from there. If you have a credit card linked to the account you can have the money charged to your card. The seller gets paid right away the exact same way, and your card will immediately get dinged for the amount...so you are in effect paying with your credit card! Very simple and efficient. Our buy/sell transactions here, if through Paypal, are done "G&S" ("Goods and Services") ONLY through the buyers Paypal (you hit that button when you initiate the Paypal transaction), that protects the seller and the buyer if there is any dispute or non-received items or any other issues.

Please read (or re-read) the forum exchange rules, they are easy and simple and you will find a great deal of trust in here between members. There are no fakes and any attempt at scamming would be instantly rooted out by multiple members!

Hope this helped, and good luck getting what you're after!

:)

p.s. You're thread is in the right spot.

Chocobo -

I have no experience shipping, buying, or selling into or out of China, so I cannot speak to that part of your question.

The Paypal part, however, is easy. Check if your Paypal account is active, if it is it will be linked to a bank account of yours. You can choose how you want to pay when you are buying something through Paypal...if you only have a bank account linked the money will come from there. If you have a credit card linked to the account you can have the money charged to your card. The seller gets paid right away the exact same way, and your card will immediately get dinged for the amount...so you are in effect paying with your credit card! Very simple and efficient. Our buy/sell transactions here, if through Paypal, are done "G&S" ("Goods and Services") ONLY through the buyers Paypal (you hit that button when you initiate the Paypal transaction), that protects the seller and the buyer if there is any dispute or non-received items or any other issues.

Please read (or re-read) the forum exchange rules, they are easy and simple and you will find a great deal of trust in here between members. There are no fakes and any attempt at scamming would be instantly rooted out by multiple members!

Hope this helped, and good luck getting what you're after!

:)

p.s. You're thread is in the right spot.
Now THAT is a useful post!

TWSS. ;)

I've shipped without issue from Tokyo to Hong Kong several times using EMS Japan. Just check out my sale threads or PM me if you want to know what I have for sale/trade.

There are one or two other buyers based in HK. They might be able to give you practical advice. I recall my buyer asking me to state a lower than true value to reduce potential duty. I don't recommend doing that but ....

Good luck!

Back