• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HONGKONG FINEST GEARBOX

Have you seen what a 5 jewel movment costs?
Cheap!
This watch I don't think you could tell other than the glass crystal and lagging jewels. Everything on it works perfect.
Those little f**kers over there are damn good at copying ( I know, totally, politicaly incorrect...I don't care)
Just saying..
But yeah its f**ked up what they are getting away with.
Thats my two cents.
Good luck!

View attachment 517072

View attachment 517073

View attachment 517074

View attachment 517075

View attachment 517076
those little ******* :lol::lol: sweat shops

Called Ebay and they told me to call back Friday so we will see. The woman I talked to says some sellers have a warehouse in another country so it's easier for a return. WTF yeah ok guy sells same watch over and over on ebay in hongkong and now I have to send to Canada for refund. Maybe that warehouse they are talking about is where these fakes are made :headbang:

My address is a condo complex. A piano restoration business...WTF!
Just plug it in to google earth, or maps see what pops up.

Why don't they sell from the warehouse then????

My address is a condo complex. A piano restoration business...WTF!
Just plug it in to google earth, or maps see what pops up.

Why don't they sell from the warehouse then????
exactly. It would be cheaper to ship from Canada than hongkong. And it came from hongkong

Digging this post up from the grave. There are a few stealth gearbox’s on the bay right now. What exactly are you looking for to make sure it’s not a fake?

I went through the same thing with a watch. $130 from China, x2. Actually it was pretty spot on except for the jewels inside the watch, one instead of three. And the crystal was not sapphire, which was probably the most expensive part. But wow what a lot of effort to just make a fake. After obtaining some OEM Bezels it was apparent that they were not even close to fitting. But all in all not a bad job. I purchased more out of curiosity as I pretty much new it was too good to be true.
Got my money back and kept the watches. LOL
Again super old post, just surfing and updating.
0es98jCrTPS%2EhcprDsCQ.jpg
UaoVBSr1T+2HTzdIhUSgkw.jpg
rzpyXOwxTMePKZF1ybx5Zg.jpg
UzqQTi4uTP2oVvspBOLUpQ.jpg
mmVjYk12TAyo9iY1Hx4FNQ.jpg
eZcP4Q5LRSCtFdgiPljs4Q.jpg
o2+sxl+xQhSXP2uZa8r28g.jpg

I went through the same thing with a watch. $130 from China, x2. Actually it was pretty spot on except for the jewels inside the watch, one instead of three. And the crystal was not sapphire, which was probably the most expensive part. But wow what a lot of effort to just make a fake. After obtaining some OEM Bezels it was apparent that they were not even close to fitting. But all in all not a bad job. I purchased more out of curiosity as I pretty much new it was too good to be true.
Got my money back and kept the watches. LOL
Again super old post, just surfing and updating.
View attachment 697201View attachment 697202View attachment 697203View attachment 697204View attachment 697205View attachment 697206View attachment 697207
So in your experience if it is listed as an Oakley watch and it turns out to be counterfeit you can dispute and get your money back? I think that’s my biggest concern.

Back