• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Horrible product support

Andrewmackay48

Oakley Beginner
Oakley, your customer service and policies are horrible.

I have 5 pairs of RX glasses & 2 years ago purchased Flak 2.0 from the Vault store

Tell me why can I buy custom glasses and choose my own design at the vault which cost $200 but when they cost over $700 at the optometrist I cannot choose my customizations and I am stuck with why ever options are on the shelf?

Realize the complaint is not cost driven but experience drive and is a simple fix.

I drove to the vault customized my flak 2.0 frames

Paid $200 then drove them back to the optometrist

And paid $500 for lenses why would you make me do that when I could have just dealt directly with your authorized retailer and prescription provider?

Next problem is your warranty and aftersales support sucks!!!!

Here it is 2 years later and I need to buy new RX lens

Not frames just lenses

BUT the icons look horrible, the Retina Burn icons have faded to nearly white and I need to replace them.

I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR THEM !!

But I am not willing to pay another $200 and throw the regular lenses away

So after waiting over a week for the warranty dept to reply to my email I called your warranty dept by phone and guess what because I’m in Canada sorry you have to email them and no there is no phone number.

I asked if I may buy the icons or frames with NO lens (because I need prescriptions) was told no.

I explained to the lady that this is ridiculous I didn’t event want them for free I just didn’t want to pay for 70-80$ lenses or $140 frames I don’t need

Charge me 20-40$ for icons and I will look after it

But that’s not an option asked for a supervisor and was told no, I have to email.

So I explained that I would literally have no choice but to take to social media and for what $20 icons ? Really ?

Oakley you need to step up your game if you expect to keep loyal customers willing to pay $600-$700 for us glasses.

Let’s see if this makes any difference

Oakley, your customer service and policies are horrible.

I have 5 pairs of RX glasses & 2 years ago purchased Flak 2.0 from the Vault store

Tell me why can I buy custom glasses and choose my own design at the vault which cost $200 but when they cost over $700 at the optometrist I cannot choose my customizations and I am stuck with why ever options are on the shelf?

Realize the complaint is not cost driven but experience drive and is a simple fix.

I drove to the vault customized my flak 2.0 frames

Paid $200 then drove them back to the optometrist

And paid $500 for lenses why would you make me do that when I could have just dealt directly with your authorized retailer and prescription provider?

Next problem is your warranty and aftersales support sucks!!!!

Here it is 2 years later and I need to buy new RX lens

Not frames just lenses

BUT the icons look horrible, the Retina Burn icons have faded to nearly white and I need to replace them.

I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR THEM !!

But I am not willing to pay another $200 and throw the regular lenses away

So after waiting over a week for the warranty dept to reply to my email I called your warranty dept by phone and guess what because I’m in Canada sorry you have to email them and no there is no phone number.

I asked if I may buy the icons or frames with NO lens (because I need prescriptions) was told no.

I explained to the lady that this is ridiculous I didn’t event want them for free I just didn’t want to pay for 70-80$ lenses or $140 frames I don’t need

Charge me 20-40$ for icons and I will look after it

But that’s not an option asked for a supervisor and was told no, I have to email.

So I explained that I would literally have no choice but to take to social media and for what $20 icons ? Really ?

Oakley you need to step up your game if you expect to keep loyal customers willing to pay $600-$700 for us glasses.

Let’s see if this makes any difference
Your pain has been felt by a lot of people. Just so you are aware, this forum has no direct affiliation with Oakley or Luxottica.

This is just a forum where Oakley enthusiasts have gathered to share, talk, and buy/sell anything Oakley (and occasionally some stuff non Oakley)

Your complaint is justified and I doubt many here will disagree with you but you might want to take your fight to the BBB or other places that might get your message to a larger audience.

Best of luck

Unfortunately, your complaint to Oakley will fall on deaf ears. Luxottica does not care about customer support. Look on eBay or the forum if you need a set of icons. But prepare to bend over at the optometrist when you need replacement prescription lenses.

$18 for a set. And retina burn is a fluorescent color. Not alot that can be done about fluorescent colors fading in uv they all do it.

Screenshot_20190812-101306_eBay.jpg

Back