• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hosed On Ebay - Pro M Array PICS ADDED

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I really hope this isn't a member here. Saw an array come up with 4 lenses, 2 Pro frames, and some spare parts. We negotiated a little more than I wanted to spend, but a fair price given the description;

Up for auction is my Oakley Pro M Frame Set. with Vented Heater Lens. This set is amazing. I am selling it because I now need Rx sunglasses and will not use them anymore. I have taken very good care of these glasses and most pieces are in new (pre owned) or excellent condition It includes the following items.

*Oakley Pro M Frame black (used but excellent condition)
*Oakley Pro M Frame sand/gold color (used good condition. a few wear spots on inside of earstock)
*Fire Iridium Vented heater lens (used very good condition)
*Grey/Smoke Iridium Vented heater lens (used good condition few scratches)
*Gold Iridium Vented Heater lens (used very good condition)
*Blue Iridium lens non vented (New)
*Earstock Nose piece set (New)
*4 extra nose pieces (black and brown)
*Ballistic hard case. (used excellent condition)
*Oakley pro M frame bag (New)
*1 set of chums (dark brown) (New)

I got 2 fire lenses, a gold, and a blue. 1 fire is missing the iridium under the frame and has stress cracks, the gold is similar but a bit better shape. The other fire lens is in fair shape, usable, and the "new" blue lens is clearly used and in slightly better condition than the better fire lens. Scratches and dirt scrapes on all of them. So two junk lenses and two in fair to good shape.

Gunk caked into the lens channel of one frame. Both frames' earsocks are sticky. The sand frame has its paint chipped off in several spots.

I got a Gen1/2 rubber kit, and 4 nose pieces, not 4 for the lenses and 4 extra (8 total) as I'm led to believe. All 4 nose pieces are sticky.

Opened a dispute with paypal immediately asking for $150 back, based on all of the above.

I am just PISSED. This is after I got a set of New Frogs that showed up with the lenses peeling and frames cracked and the seller is holding my money and the returned glasses until I agree to leave positive feedback.

I really feel like I am going to stop using ebay. I my self have gone through similar things lately and its just to much of a hassle. They tie up your time and money to have no consequences.

Seller holding money until you leave pos feedback?!?!?! Yea right.... I would file the dispute on both cases, send them back and have paypal pay you. Then leave negative. I would let no one blackmail me for a positive feedback under any circumstances. Make sure you note it in the dispute and they will read his message to you....

Seller holding money until you leave pos feedback?!?!?! Yea right.... I would file the dispute on both cases, send them back and have paypal pay you. Then leave negative. I would let no one blackmail me for a positive feedback under any circumstances. Make sure you note it in the dispute and they will read his message to you....

I'll get my money from both, it's just a matter of time.

What chaps my ass more is the sellers either A- blatantly lying, or B- overvaluing junk/broken/heavily worn items and not doing a very good job of letting you know you're buying damaged goods.

"Great pair, just found these after 10 years, pretty good shape and RARE!" and they're peeling, cracked, chipped, absolute GARBAGE.

This is after I got a set of New Frogs that showed up with the lenses peeling and frames cracked and the seller is holding my money and the returned glasses until I agree to leave positive feedback.

Thats feedback extortion and you can file a complaint on that as well.

I use ebay allot! I've never had a problem with them, some people do cheat the system, always look at there feedback score before buying or bidding, and do a dispute with ebay, ebay will can and has kicked sellers off for crap like that!

Thats feedback extortion and you can file a complaint on that as well.

We agreed to leave positive feedback after I got the refund, which the seller is telling me will be today as soon as they add funds back into their paypal account. I may leave negative feedback either way and tell them to pound sand.

This M Frame guy countered my $150 refund with a $75 refund, assuring me the blue iridium is indeed new, and he was accurate in describing these **** lenses as good condition. Saying he's fair and not trying to rip me off, and even though all sales are final he's willing to work with me.

I'll take some pictures when I get home from work today and we'll see what the forum thinks.

We agreed to leave positive feedback after I got the refund, which the seller is telling me will be today as soon as they add funds back into their paypal account. I may leave negative feedback either way and tell them to pound sand.

This M Frame guy countered my $150 refund with a $75 refund, assuring me the blue iridium is indeed new, and he was accurate in describing these **** lenses as good condition. Saying he's fair and not trying to rip me off, and even though all sales are final he's willing to work with me.

I'll take some pictures when I get home from work today and we'll see what the forum thinks.

If he's willing to work with you then to me that means he'll pay your postage back as well as a free refund & also apologise for sending you out item not as described. But most likely he will say, once he has them back that this was not how they were sent out & that you have caused all this or that you have swapped his items for damaged ones that were your's. Get them sent back & make sure they're signed for so he can't deny them being returned. Open the case with eBay & then leave negative feedback. Why should they get away with it.
I had two of the black plastic display stands sent to me & they both arrived broken, the guy apologised about this & sent me a full refund. This is how it should be done & despite them arriving broken I gave positive feed back because of the way he handled the issue.

The good thing is you're the buyer in this case and most likely will receive your money back....the buyers have some recrouse through ebay. Unfortunately, sellers do not!

We settled off ebay per the seller's suggestion for the M Frames. I'll get pictures for a forum ruling tonight and either take his $75 or elevate it to a paypal investigation, which he'll likely get screwed from.