• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hot to re-fit arms on wires.

Chris1234

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I have some A (?) wires that I need to re-fit the spring loaded arms onto.
One of the arms is broken so I´ve used another from a donor pair.
Trouble is the spring loaded part goes back into the arm and the screw won´t go through.
Is there an easy way to do this?
Thanks.

Hi, I have some A (?) wires that I need to re-fit the spring loaded arms onto.
One of the arms is broken so I´ve used another from a donor pair.
Trouble is the spring loaded part goes back into the arm and the screw won´t go through.
Is there an easy way to do this?
Thanks.

Do you have a picture showing what you’re talking about? I’ve never had issues installing a SH arm

Hi, picture below.

The sprung section has gone back into the arm, not even one of the pointed screws will go in.
Looking at it, there is a shoulder on the spring piece that looks like it can be prised out from?

major french car brand

Hi, picture below.

The sprung section has gone back into the arm, not even one of the pointed screws will go in.
Looking at it, there is a shoulder on the spring piece that looks like it can be prised out from?

major french car brand

Ok, now that you show a picture, I remember dealing with this issue before. What I had to do was take a very small screwdriver or pointed tool and insert it from the bottom to pull the spring out enough to start the screw from the top. Once you get it started, you should be able to screw it in the rest of the way. It may be easier to line up the holes with the arm in the closed position instead of open, I just can’t remember.

Maybe a needle...

Don’t think a needle will work. You need to pull the spring out a bit which takes some force. A needle isn’t stiff/thick enough to get leverage. Not sure what it’s called, but I used a pointed pick tool

Thanks.
I put a strong needle through the hole and pulled it out so I could get a screwdriver in the slot. Couldn’t get it out enough to get a screw in though. I’ll have to get the pointed screws.

Are they M1 screws?

Latest Posts

Back