• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Houston, we have a problem.

Kurt H

Oakley Enthusiast
Ok, all wise Oakley folks, I need a bit of advise. I bought prescription lenses for my son's Flak 2.0 glasses. He is 15 and his face is still kind of small, so when he pitches or bats the Flaks want to come off. I bought a leash, and it works just fine...until he puts a batting helmet on. The helmet is tugging on the leash, causing the lenses to pop out of the frame. Can I glue the lenses into the Flak frame without ruining the lenses and/or getting my fingers stuck together? Any suggestions greatly appreciated, we have our first big Perfect Game tourney this weekend so I don't have time to get a different frame. :(

Would removing the leash, and putting the Flaks on after the helmet, with the earstems under the helmet work? Even if you angle the stems up and under, it won’t affect his vision if the lenses are angled…

Would removing the leash, and putting the Flaks on after the helmet, with the earstems under the helmet work? Even if you angle the stems up and under, it won’t affect his vision if the lenses are angled…

THANK YOU! I'll check that out today, good idea. He must use the leash pitching, they literally go flying, and we had the first live scrimmage last night so it was the first time with the helmet(they don't wear helmets in the batting cage).
I'd still like to make them at least semi-permanently affixed.

I was always able to pull my helmets open by the cheek protection far enough to get them on without much trouble, even with a leash. You end up pulling it down and forward at an angle so your not pulling straight down on your head and pulling on the leash. It might depend on the helmet but mine were always flexible enough to do it.

They use their own lenses
Flak Xs,
Radar ev es or normal one is tighter than flak
Half jacket 2.0

Back