• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How can I tell if these are genuine Juliets and lenses?

ILoveThemOakleys

Oakley Beginner
Hi all, I am looking to buy a new pair of Juliets to replace my current pair that have seen better days.

I believe both of these are legit real Juliets. They must be 4th or 5th gen. They have no serial number.

How can I tell if the lenses are genuine Oakley lenses? I know the VR-28s had "Polarized" written on them. But not sure how to tell if the greys are legit.

Also the second pair (next set of photos) are said to have the red iridium lenses. How can I tell if these ones are legit Oakley red iridiums too?

Thanks so much all!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

not sure about the red lens... They look like FI from the pictures. Unless they are mint or 10/10 I wouldn't even worry about it. I would replace the lens right away. It has been said that its bad wearing damaged lens. It's all in personal taste and if you want those color lens to begin with. I personally would pass on grey lens and go with the fire/ruby lens.

The bottom set's ear stem looked dodgy imo..either this or the flex coupler is gone.. The lenses looked like a ruby or a "fruby" if you want to call it. Request for a picture showing the inside of the lenses. If they are bluish, its ruby. If its greenish yellow, its fire. They are definately not +red lenses.

I wouldnt worry about the lenses. @Chris A Hardaway will be able to fix you a good pair of custom cuts

I agree with everything said above. I def don't see any +Red Iridium there. The only easy way to tell if lenses are oem is to compare the beveled edges to an oem set in my opinion. You have to remove lenses to do that (duh)... Even authentic Oakley lenses have color variation from time periods and models. So the color can be a little bit tougher. Experience is always key with identifying.

Back