• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I own both lens, you can buy the replacement lens online or at the oakley store. It's good to own both!! I like road for the sunny days and trail for the overcast days!! When I first tried out the trail lens I hated it cause you can see your eyes thru the lens and it wasn't dark enough but after using the lens on cloudy or overcast days, it became my go to lens for those conditions.

Someone on a bike forum just mentioned something similar, but they said to buy the black frames with iridium lenses as although the prizm road is a good all rounder, it'd be good to have something darker. It's almost inevitable that I'll end up with all three at some point now...hah

Thanks for the link. I'll need to check out the requirements for trading.

Someone on a bike forum just mentioned something similar, but they said to buy the black frames with iridium lenses as although the prizm road is a good all rounder, it'd be good to have something darker. It's almost inevitable that I'll end up with all three at some point now...hah

Prizm Road is 20% light trans, so baseball outfield (15%), shallow water polar (15%), Daily polar (14%), and deep water polar (12%) are all prizms that are "darker". Not as dark as BI (10%) or BIP (9%), but you still get the prizm contrasts while BI or BIP are neutral.

Personally, I got some BIPs in case the Daily just weren't enough, but Daily has been holding up in bright light and I haven't needed the BIPs yet (though I have been wearing a brimmed hat, too). Because of the differences in Prizm tuning, deep water actually "feels" a little brighter than Daily, but actually they're 2% darker.

Someone on a bike forum just mentioned something similar...

Seems like good advice to me. ;)

Don't think you can go too far wrong with either a black iridium or Prizm trail. Don't have a pair of Radar EVs at the moment, but tried them quite recently at the Oakley shop in Covent Garden, reckon I'll be getting a pair pretty soon.

Back