• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Diverse Is Your Workplace?

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
A mostly-unrelated post made me think about just how diverse my workplace is.

How about yours?

No, this isn't some government survey or sting - please keep your workplace anonymous, if you choose to post...

I'll start: in my workplace I've got these ethnicities: (technically the correct word is "races" but I don't like using that; our "race" is Human)

Caucasian
Asian
Indian (as in India Indian, not Native American)
Hispanic / Latin
Black (I'm not saying "African-American" because they're not all from America...)
Mixtures

But it's not just a bunch of Americans with diverse ethnicities, there's also diverse countries of origin. There's people from:

America (of course)
Canada (even some Quebecois!)
Mexico
Puerto Rico
Britain
Ireland
France
Switzerland
Germany; lots of Germans...
Greece
Turkey
Croatia
India
Pakistan
China
and I'm sure there's more that I just don't know about...

And I hear these languages being spoken:

English (thankfully)
Spanish
French
Chinese (Mandarin)
German; lots of German...

So, pretty diverse.

we have... syrian, egyptian, indian, jordanian, american, filipino doctors... for nurses and allied health its a mix of indian, filipinos, jordanians... for admin staff we have iranian, pakistanis, indians, filipinos, palestinians, qataris... for our security personnel and cleaners, indians, nepalis, srilankans, ethiopians, ugandans, egyptians, kenyans..... so i guess we are that diversed... and dont get me starting with our patients... i could list down at least 50

Not too diverse here. Mostly Black folks here. Got an Indian (from India) and Chinese guy in my section.

Mostly female and older (40+).

One self employed white male.
Though whites are the minority by 2-3% here in this state.
Theres like two black people, I think.

Back