• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do Gascan S Fit?

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
i've been looking more at the Oakley Gascans lately, and starting to dig them. especially in the matte black version. i have a small face, and would probably need the gascan s. since they are discontinued, i cant find them anywhere to try them on. so just wondering how they fit. how much smaller are they than the gascans? i bought a pair of monster pups a while back because the dogs were too big for me, and found that the pups are very similar in size and were still too big. is this the case with the gascans too?

for a reference on the size of my face, here is a pic of me trying on some fives squared...

The "OK, Tell me 'Yes' or 'No'. Do I suit these?" Thread | Oakley Forum

Definitely a small to small-medium fit...guess there weren't enough pint sized heads around...U can find the Dark amber and Brown smoke w/ Dk Bronze pretty cheap i got 1 each for 29.99 each but the blacks/shadow cams are hard to find in new condition...I have Black/ Ice, Black /ruby nas Black /Black and love them as well as the browns...Looking at Pic I'd say they'd probably fit u well(the Small version)

I have 7 pairs of Gascan S and wear them all. I actually like the fit of the S version more then the standard Gascan. They seem to fit tighter and have less gaps when worn. Its like the design contures my head better. My favorite pair is my shadow camo with emerald iridium.

Oh and the fives squared look good also.....

I think the Gascan S wraps more (like the Monster Pups over Monster Dogs) and has an ever so slightly smaller lense, there is a good youtube comparison video although he doesn't try them on Gascan, Gascan S, Fuel Cell comparison - YouTube

thanks dutchman. i saw that video. they do look slightly smaller. i was kinda hoping he would put them on though.

Definitely a small to small-medium fit...guess there weren't enough pint sized heads around...U can find the Dark amber and Brown smoke w/ Dk Bronze pretty cheap i got 1 each for 29.99 each but the blacks/shadow cams are hard to find in new condition...I have Black/ Ice, Black /ruby nas Black /Black and love them as well as the browns...Looking at Pic I'd say they'd probably fit u well(the Small version)

do you have any black frames for sale piper?

Oh and the fives squared look good also.....

thanks maniac. if i decide not to go with the gascans, i'm gonna pick up a set of fives squared.

I actually think those fives squared look good on ya..... If they feel good them get em. Sometimes we have to get what we can try on and look good in. When I bought my first Gascan S, they were only $40 so it wasn't a big deal if they didnt fit good. After I tried them on I was like WOW, I love these, so I tried to get every pair I could. I wish they made a clear or a crystal black pair., but they dont......

i thought i was going to be able to get the gascan s for $40 from SI. but they are backordered. and since they are discontinued, i doubt they get any more in stock

They will!!!!!!!! They were on back order when a friend ordered mine, and within a week they were shipped. Place the order and wait!!!! Oh and they are $55 for non polarized...

The half jackets are also starting to be phased out too. But I have seen them on backorder then pop back up.

thanks for the tip! i will try that if i decide to go with gascans. i'm going to go out this weekend and try on the regular gascans just to get an idea of how they will look and fit on me.

thanks for the tip! i will try that if i decide to go with gascans. i'm going to go out this weekend and try on the regular gascans just to get an idea of how they will look and fit on me.

Just remember they are a lil bigger. I wear regular Gascans also, if you need comparison pix between them I can help you out. I can send them to ya tomorrow if that will help......

Back